News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can I use PHP 7 or 7.1

Started by datex, May 10, 2017, 12:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datex

Hi

Will SMF run with PHP 7/7.1 - or do it not support these versions of PHP?

Vehement Works

check the smf requirements

https://download.simplemachines.org/requirements.php

but i don't know if php 7 is supported, but i guess that you won't have any problem
Last released modifications: AdSense Mod|Font AweaZome BBC code

Kindred

Php 7 is not supported by 2.0.13
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

2.0.14 which is being released soon will :)
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Vehement Works

Last released modifications: AdSense Mod|Font AweaZome BBC code

Arantor

There will need to be some huge changes for PHP 7.2 though, every single BBC will need to be changed.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Arantor on May 11, 2017, 12:34:25 PM
There will need to be some huge changes for PHP 7.2 though, every single BBC will need to be changed.
What gets changed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

create_function is being deprecated so every single separate bbcode will vomit a warning, every page load and at some future point (PHP 8, rumoured) it will be removed entirely.

vbgamer45

Good to know. Glad I never used it much and only in a few parts of some of the libraries i used.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

Well, when proper closures were introduced, it was fairly evident that such structures were going to go away eventually. But yeah, 7.2 means a rocky time for SMF.

Though once 2.0.14 is out, at least we're good until then...

vbgamer45

Time for my monthly php update on my non smf servers php 7.1.15 released.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Luisehahne

SMF will get more and more issues with deprecated notices running with php 7.2..x
e.g.
QuoteDeprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated

Dietmar

Kindred

yes...   SMF does not currently support php 7.2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lejurassien

You have a lot     Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated  like vbgamer45 says , but turn the error server log off and the forum works very well (i have no extensions) but everything is ok

php 7.2.2  lighttpd 1.4.48  phpmyadmin 4.8.0.1    5.5.58-MariaDB

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Shambles

Quote from: lejurassien on May 08, 2018, 07:11:59 AM
... turn the error server log off ...

That's really poor advice. Don't follow it.

Kindred

once again... do note that SMF does not currently support php 7.2 nor does it officially support MariaDB...

So, issues that you have with those are beyond the scope of support at this time.
Слaва
Украинi

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: