News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Buggered up a mod :/

Started by MadMick, May 12, 2017, 01:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Quote from: MadMick on May 17, 2017, 09:26:40 PM
Is there anywhere I can make a small donation in appreciation of the dedicated coders, testers and general help staff, just running one forum with well over 2 million posts and 9000 members I realise just how much work goes into it and would be very happy to give a bit in return
https://www.simplemachines.org/charter/

MadMick

Quote from: Gluz on May 18, 2017, 12:51:53 AM
That sounds like the file permissions/ownership are wrong, so the patch don't actually modify the files, just the test is OK.

You need to check if the permissions are like SMF requires and the PHP can modify files in your account.

That was my thought too, but the host maintains the permissions are fine  :-\
Regards,

Mick.

AHN Moderators - Can explain it to you, but they can't understand it for you"

Gluz

And you checked that after applying the patch the files were correctly modified?

Because if the forum keep saying that is 2.0.13, the files didn't update correctly, because the version displayed is retrieved from the index.php from the root directory of SMF, and that is the first file the patch modify.

Also, if you are doing a clean install, then you should be using the 2.0.14 package instead the 2.0.13.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on May 15, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
Actually, it sounds like your server is misconfigured and, although the smf tests were successful and smf THINKS that the mod installed, your server file permissions or file ownership settings (chmod or chown) are misconfigured so that the edits get rejected by the server, without generating an error

The issue here is not with smf or the package manager... and won't ever be solved by and smf version. It's a sever configuration issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MadMick

Quote from: Kindred on May 18, 2017, 08:42:38 PM
Quote from: Kindred on May 15, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
Actually, it sounds like your server is misconfigured and, although the smf tests were successful and smf THINKS that the mod installed, your server file permissions or file ownership settings (chmod or chown) are misconfigured so that the edits get rejected by the server, without generating an error

The issue here is not with smf or the package manager... and won't ever be solved by and smf version. It's a sever configuration issue

Sorry guys, I have been very unwell for a few days.

Are there any specific server settings I can look for?, I'm scared to upgrade to .14 now as the last two times if just crashed and I had to do clean installs, it wouldn't clean install 14?
Regards,

Mick.

MadMick

Hi again guys,

I finally got my forum running well, but still on version 2.0.13, it just refuse to install 2.0.14. I have upgraded the PHP version to 5.4.45, and now when I try to install .14, it gives me an error saying not to continue or it will harm the forum, I have attached a couple of photos for you to see the errors I get.

I note is says 2.0.14 is installed already, which would be from one of the failed attempts when I had the earlier version of PHP. Would it be safe to uninstall that and they try to install again, and, if I install it, will it wipe out all the other mods I halve installed since?

In Packages/backup there is no mention of the 2.0,14 file I  can't do it that way.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers,

Mick
Regards,

Mick.

Kindred

Wow...  you must either have a ton of mods that modified your load.php file... or you have a very corrupt version.
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Or, you can just do a fresh load of 2.0.14 files and the reapply mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MadMick

Here is a list of the mods installed, not a huge amount at all. Is there really no other option other than a fresh install?, that will be the 5th time in two weeks :(

Regards,

Mick.

Advertisement: