Deleting a theme - theme is NOT removed from server

Started by SMiFFER, May 16, 2017, 05:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Personally, I don't view the change as a fix.   I think it is a dehancement, but I don't feel strongly enough to argue that point when there are other things which need to be put back instead.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SMiFFER

Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

lurkalot

Quote from: SMiFFER on May 23, 2018, 08:29:54 AM
FAD is clear to me now.
Quote from: SMiFFER on May 22, 2018, 02:47:27 PM
What is FID now?

Was just me being sarky 

FAD = Functions As Designed
FID = Failure In Design.

I apologise for my strange sense of humor.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kindred on May 22, 2018, 11:30:47 PM
Personally, I don't view the change as a fix.   I think it is a dehancement,
I'd second that, and add that changing behaviour of an old familiar function like that is not a good idea. Add options, sure - but replace functionality? Why?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

SMiFFER

Quote from: lurkalot on May 23, 2018, 01:03:52 PM
Quote from: SMiFFER on May 23, 2018, 08:29:54 AM
FAD is clear to me now.
Quote from: SMiFFER on May 22, 2018, 02:47:27 PM
What is FID now?

Was just me being sarky 

FAD = Functions As Designed
FID = Failure In Design.

I apologise for my strange sense of humor.

I also do not know what sarky is. Foreign language and slang you know :)
(maybe sarky, but foreign language...)

But I am already used to a weird sense of humor on this forum.

Thank you anyway.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SMiFFER

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 24, 2018, 12:53:12 AM
Quote from: Kindred on May 22, 2018, 11:30:47 PM
Personally, I don't view the change as a fix.   I think it is a dehancement,
I'd second that, and add that changing behaviour of an old familiar function like that is not a good idea. Add options, sure - but replace functionality? Why?

I see it from a different angle - more general to SMF.
Functions should do what they claim they would do. No matter of personal tastes and attitudes.
We should more discuss functions and not persons and their personal tastes and animosities.
No wonder the last SMF version is 7 years ago!

If a function CLAIMS it removes something, then it shall DO that. EXACTLY THAT and nothing else. No discussion.
Otherwise we can soon throw SMF into the trashcan, when it always does something completely different just because some years-ago-developer has a special taste about it.

The alternative would be to change the documentation from "remove" to "deactivate" and all would be fine.

But always these hard-to-find and hard-to-explain functions in SMF really drive users off and 7 years since the last full version paired with the standard argument that 2.x is feature-locked and nothing changes for so incredibly long only adds to that.

Just my 2 Eurocents.

Kindred

Except, it does do what it claims to do, therefore, FAD is indeed FAD. It just doesn't do what you think it should do....  but your logic combined removal with deletion (which may often be the case, but not in smf...   deleting a mod does not remove it either. Therefore your logic is incorrect in this case and the "fix"is not a fix, but an illogical change.

As for your snark, it is not called for and not appreciated.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SMiFFER

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

SMiFFER

I am not sure I could find any of that, but thank you, mate.

Advertisement: