quick questions from a potential user

Started by DWFII, May 16, 2017, 02:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWFII

I'm new today  and haven't yet read the manual or had time really dig into the interface but a few questions off the top of my head:

Does SMF support the embedding of images? How about the embedding of YouTube videos? How about "spoilers?"

Does SMF allow for changing background colour or is that dependent on the theme? Can a standard, simple theme be customized easily--changing colour, adding graphics and setting up thread structures ...like to display and opened tree of forums and sub-forums?

I appreciate any answers I can get...thank you.

vbgamer45

There are embed mods I have one for main video sites can be found at https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681
There is also a spoiler mod.

I would stick with SMF 2.0.x at the moment verus 2.1 as 2.0.x is the stable release.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DWFII

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 16, 2017, 02:18:59 PM
There are embed mods I have one for main video sites can be found at https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681
There is also a spoiler mod.

I would stick with SMF 2.0.x at the moment verus 2.1 as 2.0.x is the stable release.

Thank you for that. Yes, I realized that and should have moved or deleted this post.Sorry.

While I have you, however... I guess images uploaded from my HD is an "attachment" in current parlance...??

vbgamer45

Yes by default images uploaded are attachments there several mods that give you options though. I also have a gallery addon as well.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Attachments are part of smf core...

Galleries and embedded videos are available as mods

Spoilers is available as a mod

Modifying themes really depends on the theme and your own capabilities.

For example, I modified the "studio-003" theme for fox-sabers.com/forum and added the ability to select a custom color sub theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DWFII

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 16, 2017, 02:48:41 PM
Yes by default images uploaded are attachments there several mods that give you options though. I also have a gallery addon as well.

talk to me about the gallery add-on...

Can you post a photo stored in the Gallery to a thread in SMF?

Advertisement: