Login problems after v2.0.14

Started by Gaza07, May 16, 2017, 04:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaza07

I applied the update to my v2.0.13 forum and since doing this members couldnt log back in and got a session timed out while posting error, I reset the forum to the default smf theme and it seemed to cure the login problem if they used the login across the top, I also have simple portal installed and the user info / login box gives the same time out error,
When I applied the patch the custom themes where ticked and most all said test successful, Only a couple of themes had a fail,
The problem is even the custom themes where all test where successful dont appear to work on login,
I have check with an editor and the themes do appear to have the new line in them as they should, I'm at a loss why the custom themes are not now working and the simple portal to 

vbgamer45

Check out this post  it affects any login form that isn't updated so some portal mods might be affected too
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553902.0 and mods that use ssi_login
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gaza07

I have done some more testing and the custom themes work fine as long as the upper smf login boxes are used the problem id with the simple portal box, any idea how to fix this ?

vbgamer45

It's bug in Simpleportal you can ask them to update it http://simpleportal.net/ or in the mod topic.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Gaza07

Thanks I will pop on there and enquire do the other portals have the same problem ? I'm asking in case I have to change to another

Gluz

SimplePortal uses the SSI function, that is not updated in the patch, need the same edit as custom themes' login.

lurkalot

Quote from: Gaza07 on May 16, 2017, 04:53:54 PM
Thanks I will pop on there and enquire do the other portals have the same problem ? I'm asking in case I have to change to another

Tinyportal has a problem with the login, but only if you use the login on the User Block, this will get fixed asap.

Seems anything that uses /index.php?action=login2 will throw this error.

vbgamer45

Yes that is true. I had it updated with ezportal a while back since I looked at it SMF 2.1 and had that same code that 2.1 version

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lurkalot

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 16, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
Yes that is true. I had it updated with ezportal a while back since I looked at it SMF 2.1 and had that same code that 2.1 version

Think we've fixed Tinyportal too, just got to test it.   You saying that reminds me we probably need to apply it to TP2 as well. ;)

Illori

Quote from: lurkalot on May 16, 2017, 05:55:21 PM
Think we've fixed Tinyportal too, just got to test it.   You saying that reminds me we probably need to apply it to TP2 as well. ;)

no we dont, that should have been taken care of a long time ago.

Gaza07

I think I have fixed the problem I edited the  /Sources/PortalBlocks.php

FIND:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

REPLACE WITH:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Hope this helps some one else

lurkalot

Quote from: Illori on May 16, 2017, 05:57:52 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on May 16, 2017, 05:55:21 PM

no we dont, that should have been taken care of a long time ago.

Thanks, that's good to know.  I don't think I ever tested the login from that block, hence why I wasn't sure.  ;)

sunilimon

Quote from: Gaza07 on May 16, 2017, 05:58:24 PM
I think I have fixed the problem I edited the  /Sources/PortalBlocks.php

FIND:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

REPLACE WITH:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Hope this helps some one else

Thank you so much! that worked for my system perfectly :)
SMF version: 2.0.14

http://www.hookahspain.com your hookah / shisha comunity at Spain

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

pevanis

I had login problem too.
Update 2.0.14 has possibility to work with PHP 7.0 but problem with login exist.
PHP is now back to 5.6 and login works.

It seems that is not working with PHP 7.0

Sir Osis of Liver

That's interesting.  Several forums have reported 2.0.14 login failures in Curve, which has the correct session check code.  I've only worked on one, it was running in php 7.1 and there was no way to revert to 5.6 (awful host), so had to disable session check.  Have not had an opportunity to work on forum with this problem that could revert to 5.6.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

PPI Karl

Hoping it's helpful to know this, but I had this same problem whether I was using PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0.

Sir Osis of Liver

Session check seems to cause different problems on different servers.  Am unable to replicate login fails on my host in php 5.6, 7.0, or 7.1. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

seti_sniper

Just for info to other that might find same problem:
I noted by accident that i had same problem, logged out and got time out when login in again when using top left user-block login
if i used the login in the main menu bar it worked normal

I change following in the ..\Themes\default\index.template.php which fixed the problem
from : <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
to: <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Just FYI

Advertisement: