News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forward incoming mail to my personal inbox

Started by SMiFFER, May 17, 2017, 05:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

I am not quite sure if this can be a feature or rather a mod or if this already exists
so I kindly ask you guys for respectful consideration:

How about a function that forwards incoming mail to -for instance- [email protected]
to my personal inbox?

I could then immediately see what needs to be done by simply following my daily mail-routines...

Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

that is something you can configure in your hosts control panel. SMF does not handle email so it cannot forward email to anywhere. SMF only sends out email from the address that is defined.

SMiFFER

Quote from: Illori on May 17, 2017, 05:31:04 AM
that is something you can configure in your hosts control panel.
I am not sure I can follow you here.
Can you be a bit more specific on this?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Biology Forums

I don't think that's possible. Where do you normally read your emails? Using a gmail client or a generic email client? I have my email connected to my phone, because I use more phone more than I check my website daily.

GigaWatt

Quote from: SMiFFER on May 11, 2018, 09:45:46 AM

Create an email forwarder on your host. Example: all email sent to [email protected] redirects to [email protected]. Don't forget to update the MX record.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

SMiFFER

Quote from: GigaWatt on May 11, 2018, 10:43:32 PM
Quote from: SMiFFER on May 11, 2018, 09:45:46 AM

Create an email forwarder on your host. Example: all email sent to [email protected] redirects to [email protected]. Don't forget to update the MX record.

Yes, that part I understood.

But since we are talking about my inbox ON THE FORUM and the fact that SMF does not handle any mail besides those that itself sends, I doubt this will be of any use to my initial question. But again I could be wrong and have only badly phrased post #01, so thank you anyway...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Reading and importing emails to see within SMF, would be mod material I think. SMF doesn't really handle emails in any way in it's core, it just knows how to send some if needed.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: