News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problems after update

Started by DebbieManning, May 17, 2017, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebbieManning

Good morning everyone,

Since the new update my forum seems to have developed a fault

I have the thanks mod installed and the most popular topic installed but since the update for some reason I now have 2 of each on the forum

On each topic I now have "Say Thanks" "Say Thanks" or "WithDraw Thanks" "Withdraw Thanks"

Also with most popular topic it is the same it shows 2 identical boxes

Any help?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

That sounds like it should be easy to fix, this happens when a module has not been uninstalled properly at some point and then when it is re-installed there are remnants left over from the previous iteration of the module, somewhere in one of the templates that are relevant to the modules edits there is a duplication of the same code... it requires a manual edit of the pertinent template file... check in the package manager's pre-install test and view each templates edits where there might be an edit that relates to those particular issues which are a duplicated
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

DebbieManning

Quote from: Bob Perry on May 17, 2017, 01:57:19 PM
That sounds like it should be easy to fix, this happens when a module has not been uninstalled properly at some point and then when it is re-installed there are remnants left over from the previous iteration of the module, somewhere in one of the templates that are relevant to the modules edits there is a duplication of the same code... it requires a manual edit of the pertinent template file... check in the package manager's pre-install test and view each templates edits where there might be an edit that relates to those particular issues which are a duplicated

Ok thank you bob,

Mod was fine before update but after the update was applied all my mods had gone and once I reinstalled them I got this strange error with duplicates showing up

Illori

how did you install the update?

DebbieManning

Quote from: Illori on May 17, 2017, 02:10:40 PM
how did you install the update?

I copyed the content into the folder and ran the update.php all went through ok just the mods got removed

Kindred

well yes... doing it that way WILL remove your mods' coding changes....

you should have used the patch and the package manager, just like a mod.

The only think that you can do now --
if you have a backup - restore that and use the patch instead.
if you do not have a backup (why not? ALWAYS take a backup!!)   but, if you don't... the use repair_settings.php to reset your mods to uninstalled and then reinstall your mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DebbieManning

Quote from: Kindred on May 17, 2017, 02:41:04 PM
well yes... doing it that way WILL remove your mods' coding changes....

you should have used the patch and the package manager, just like a mod.

The only think that you can do now --
if you have a backup - restore that and use the patch instead.
if you do not have a backup (why not? ALWAYS take a backup!!)   but, if you don't... the use repair_settings.php to reset your mods to uninstalled and then reinstall your mods

Ah yes I thought it did it wrong not to worry I will do it this way and sort it out thanks for your help

Snickerz

I actually started having this issue a few days ago too, so I went to search a solution, luckily the thread I found lead me here, I will double check everything, and see if I can fix it with what you all have suggested, if I can't. I'll be back. Thank you. :)

Advertisement: