News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

After the upgrade, I get this trying to login

Started by twiggs, May 18, 2017, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twiggs

After installing the 2.0.14 upgrade from 2.0.13. I get this error:
An Error Has Occurred!

Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

Back
I used the package manager to install the upgrade, everything went great, until I tried to login today. Any ideas?

Colin

Log in by going to the log in page instead of using the login form on all pages.

There likely was an error in adding the additional session variable to the login form on your custom
Theme. You will need to manually do that.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553950.0
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

twiggs

Is SMF Curve considered a custom theme? If it is, where do I find the file to change and where do I put the changes. I don't mind doing the work, but I do need guidance.

twiggs

I couldn't get the problem fixed so I uninstalled the update and went back to 2.0.13. that fixed the login problem, so people don't have to go to the second login to access the forum. Think I will wait on the next update... I don't have the skills to get this one to work.

Illori

the next update is not going to fix this issue. if you are using a custom theme you should post in the themes support topic so that you can get this fixed.

twiggs

Unless SMF Curve 2.0 is a custom theme I am not. I have never had a problem with an update till this one, and I will admit the fix is over my head...

Illori

is the issue happening with the login in the header or the login page? is the patch showing an edit that fails? what mods do you have installed?

twiggs

With the update installed, When you go to the opening page and sign in it gives the error and then you go to the second sign in you can log right in. I have very few Mods. but am using Simple Portal, and the standard anti-spam mods. Everything is up-to-date with no problems unless I install the update.  Any ideas? If you need to look I can send you an username and password to get in as Admin.by [nofollow] either PM or email. That way you can install it with the Package Manager.

Illori

are you using the log in in the header that is causing the issue? if so attach your themes index.template.php file to your next reply.

twiggs

This is kind of long and I hope it is what you were wanting: Do you want this with the update installed, the one here is 1.0.13?

Beginning on line 1:

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal

foxesdancingonsnow

Hey twiggs, check out my topic here:  https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553980.0

It has a helpful wiki article Antes linked me to, and a link to a topic where I found a suggested edit for a Simple Portal file.  I also use Simple Portal and had the problem when updating.  Themes didn't have the problem.  It was Simple Portal causing the problem.  All you have to do is add a line of text to one of the Simple Portal files.  At lesat, it worked for my site.

Do you know how to do that?  I'm not very skilled either but have figured out at least this much.  If not, locate that file either using your FTP client or you can go into your File Manager from your cPanel if you don't have an FTP client set up.  Whichever method you use, browse to the /Sources/PortalBlocks.php file, save/download a backup copy (very important in case something goes wrong!!), open the file (not the copy), add the line, save it, and that should be all.

I hope that helps.

Illori

please attach the file as requested, we need the actual file for doing the edits.

twiggs

I did attach it, but it is nit here now. Was it removed because it was so large?   I asked a question, does the file you want a copy need to be 2.0.13 or 2.0.14?

Kindred

No... you posted it.  You should have attached it... :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

twiggs

I coped and pasted it to Microsoft Word and attached it:

Illori

that will not work to edit it. use your hosts control panel or FTP and download the php file and attach it to your next post or we will not be able to edit it correctly for you.

twiggs

Illori, I have tried since the last post to do what you ask, but apparently I do not have the skills to do it. I have it rolled back to 2.0.13 everything works... I guess I will have to stay there for now. I really appreciate you trying to help.

Steve

Do you know how to use an FTP program? If so, just download a copy of the file Illori requested and when posting your reply click the Attachments option under the text window you're typing in.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: