News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Private Messages "To:" field auto fills with "<HTML>".

Started by mattd99, May 19, 2017, 10:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattd99

Hi all, I've been using SMF for a number of years on a forum I run.

A couple of weeks ago some users reported being unable to send Private Messages. When they try to enter a username in the "To:" field it overwrites whatever they are typing with "<HTML>" (including the quotes). The same happens when I try to recreate the issue.

I have tested via Windows (10) and my smartphone running Android, and it's the same on both.

Any ideas on what to do to fix? I am running SMF1.1.21.

Illori

since SMF 1.1.* is no longer receiving security updates, as a result you are best to upgrade to SMF 2.0. in the process that should resolve this issue.

mattd99

Quote from: Illori on May 19, 2017, 10:32:08 AM
since SMF 1.1.* is no longer receiving security updates, as a result you are best to upgrade to SMF 2.0. in the process that should resolve this issue.

Thanks, the plan is to upgrade soon. Though, due to workloads that could be a few weeks.

Is there a quick fix that can be performed in the meantime? Is this a known issue? / incompatibility with, say, a new version of PHP?

Illori

SMF 1.1.* does have some compability issues with new php versions, those have been resolved in SMF 2.0. this issue at hand i have not seen before, so there may not be a quick fix.

mattd99

Thanks Illori. We'll get on with the migrating in a couple of month's time.

If anyone else sees this and can help before I've migrated, that would be much appreciated.

Arantor

It seems unlikely; everyone is focusing on 2.1 development these days.

vbgamer45

That's odd I haven't seen that issue reported on smf 1.1.x

Do you have any mods installed?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mattd99

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 19, 2017, 01:02:58 PM
That's odd I haven't seen that issue reported on smf 1.1.x

Do you have any mods installed?

I have the following installed:

1.Custom Profile Field Mod v3.20
2. Ad Management v3.1