News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Uninstalling 2.0.14 from Upgrade

Started by showngo, May 19, 2017, 07:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

I am having a few issues with login and timing out after the 2.0.14 upgrade.   I do have my DB backed up.
In the package manager is I click the uninstall for the 2.0.14 upgrade,  everything tests Okay (Indicates OK)   will that only uninstall the upgrade or kill my SMF?
Im only trying to save posts . I average 250 posts a day so loosing a day would stink. 

I am not having any issues but some members are reporting the login errors and timing out.

Thanks

PS  I have read through the issues people are having but have not seen "Uninstalling" the upgrade.

ILUXA

+ 1
Me too, already wrote about this issue here.

Kindred

The solution to the login problems almost always has to do with the log in update code not having been applied to your custom theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

showngo

Quote from: Kindred on May 19, 2017, 07:06:36 PM
The solution to the login problems almost always has to do with the log in update code not having been applied to your custom theme

I saw the thread for adding the code after the "</form>"  entry.  That is listed a few times.   Just enter that extra string after each one??

vbgamer45

Quote from: showngo on May 19, 2017, 07:10:54 PM

I saw the thread for adding the code after the "</form>"  entry.  That is listed a few times.   Just enter that extra string after each one??

Yes in your index.template.php if it is not present in the login form.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ILUXA

Very strange, it showed "success" for custom theme files before installation... (I installed an upgrade via built in upgrade mechanism)

showngo

So uninstalling the upgrade will leave the 2.0.13 intact and fictional.

ILUXA

Yes, 2.0.13 works fine, but personally I downgraded to 2.0.13 from a backup and not via smf package manager,
but, it seems, it is also possible to delete upgrade with it too, and theoretically all should work fine again.

showngo

I took out the login that would be in the upper left and only have the main login, in the center and that eliminated all the issues.

Running Prince of Darkness 201 theme

ILUXA

Yes, it seems that "login timeout" was really a "./Themes/your_theme_name/index.template.php" problem,
just updated, and it seems that login form works very fine now, but I updated "index.template.php" manually this time,
upgrade patch needs to change 2 lines in that file:

<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
<operation error="ignore">
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[@version 2.0]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[@version 2.0.14]]></add>
</operation>
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

So
@version 2.0
should be replaced with
@version 2.0.14

and
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
should be replaced with
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Am I right?

Just tested fully automatic installation one more time, after upgrade patch uninstallation,
and this time, don't know why, but upgrade patch replaced
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
with
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
insted of
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

So it seems that <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />"
was inserted one extra time...

Or maybe I just forgot to downgrade index.template.php file before reinstallation :D

Anyway, I really upgraded my theme index.template.php when I installed this patch first time,
I remember that I ticked my theme in installation list and it showed "Success" near index.template.php,
but login didn't work after that...

showngo

I am gathering more information.
There are a few members that can login fine one way (service device / provider) but not another way.
They get the spinning ball of death, not connecting.   
I do not know why the update would hinder their connection.   Its almost like a firewall issue on their end.

Rob Lightbody

Quote from: ILUXA on May 19, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Very strange, it showed "success" for custom theme files before installation... (I installed an upgrade via built in upgrade mechanism)

Exactly the same thing happened to me.  Success shown for my custom (based on Curve) theme following an install from the built-in upgrader.  Then all users got session errors and couldn't login.  I had to uninstall until i have time to investigate.  This is the first time I've ever had a problem.

Rob Lightbody

I just wanted to say, after uninstalling the update, I then installed it again (without doing anything else) and it resolved the issue I was having why the login sessions.

showngo

I will try that, I can not upgrade  from a downloaded file from here, it will error out. I can only install / download from the package managers main screen (Latest packages).  Sort of odd. 

Kindred

Are you trying to use the full upgrade or the patch? Only the patch works in the package manager
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

showngo

Quote from: Kindred on May 21, 2017, 08:43:45 AM
Are you trying to use the full upgrade or the patch? Only the patch works in the package manager

Both,  neither work for uploading a package.  I tried all formats. 
Ill just stick to the link in the package manager info section.

Kindred

The patch download is exactly the same thing that you get from the package manager link.

The upgrade archive will never work as a patch... nor will the full install archive.  It has to be the patch... if it's erroring out for you, then chance are that you did not actually download the patch file.
Слaва
Украинi

showngo

I thought the large upgrade in the download section was the right one.   Ill just stick to the info section on my forum.  Worked like a charm.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

showngo

Quote from: Kindred on May 23, 2017, 05:55:06 PM
patches are here
https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

Yep that where i downloaded from,  all formats and all had errors, did not install,    not the testing before installing.

I am on a custom theme.

Advertisement: