News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Message Icons Not Available to Regular Members

Started by MartiniVision, May 21, 2017, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartiniVision

I'm running SMF 2.0.6 and only I as moderator have the option to upvote/downvote etc someone's post.

I did read the manual and have Enable Custom Icons checked in forum Settings. In forum Smileys and Message Icons, all are set to Available In All Boards. I have not added any custom icons, so I'm just using the default set.

Illori

you mean to change the message icon on someone elses post? only moderators can do that. that is not really an upvote or downvote, it is just changing the icon for the post there is no count associated with it.

MartiniVision

Quote from: Illori on May 21, 2017, 11:38:44 AM
you mean to change the message icon on someone elses post? only moderators can do that. that is not really an upvote or downvote, it is just changing the icon for the post there is no count associated with it.
Thanks for your quick reply Illori. So effectively there is no such feature like a plus or minus that users can use to 'rate' a post?

I see at the bottom of your reply, a box that 'One user likes this.'

Illori

that is a picture to go along with the link in my signature for a mod. either way you need a mod to do what you want SMF by default does not have the feature you want.

MartiniVision

Okay, thank you again. I'm looking into the mod(s) now.

Advertisement: