News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No one can load my forum properly the first time and they have to refresh

Started by [BKR]LUCAGRABACR, May 22, 2017, 06:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[BKR]LUCAGRABACR

Hey, so I have this forum for a game server I own and run, the thing is everytime a new user opened the forum, or if I opened it on Incognito mode, or run SEO checks on it, it will show up incorrectly. This is not my web browser's issue. Anyone knows what's going on? The forum - hxxp:perfectse.net [nonactive]

By incorrectly I mean no image or css seems to load, only text and html.

I also posted this issue in another forum, and the problem is totally not with my browser / cache. Everyone and everything (including crawlers) that visits the forum has this issue, any idea what's causing it? Here's some screenshots a user on that other forum posted which confirmed the bug.

I thought the problem might have been on my hosting provider's end, but then I tried installing another forum software in a directory and that seems to be working just fine. I've been using SMF for years and don't feel like making a switch (and all the hassle of converting, eww), even though I'm somewhat familiar with the other softwares. Any help would be appreciated. :)

[BKR]LUCAGRABACR

Edit: found the cause! It seems like Optimus' "remove index.php from url / something" caused this, I was testing it with another forum installation and tried to mimic my forum by installing the same mods and the same settings. My forum has been fixed now <3

Advertisement: