Made a "test" directory and uninstall a mod in that directory, forum died

Started by [BKR]LUCAGRABACR, May 22, 2017, 07:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[BKR]LUCAGRABACR

Whoops, I was trying to troubleshoot a problem my forum was having by making a "test" directory and copied my whole forum into it, then uninstalled a package on that "test" directory. Now my whole forum isn't accessible anymore. Anyone knows how to fix this?

[BKR]LUCAGRABACR

Nvm, fixed it by extracting the "Themes" and "Sources" files from the "Packages"' backup folder, yay :D

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Gluz

When you copied the forum files to the test directory, did you make also a copy of the database and point the test forum to use the copy of the database? And did you fix the paths with the repair_settings.php tool?

Because if you only copy all the files but don't have a database copy for it and didn't fix the connection to that database and the paths, every change you make in it, it does in your production site and not in the test site.

EDIT:
Here Kindred explain how to make a copy of your site, that is the way to make a test forum from your production site.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554029.msg3927260#msg3927260

Advertisement: