News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help! My site link Changed when Shared on Facebook

Started by corpersforum, May 23, 2017, 06:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corpersforum

Please i need help, before i updated my SMF forum, my Post link appear like this "Actor Olaniyi Afonja, aka Sanyeri Most Expensive Property Exposed - Nollywood News - Aspiring Nollywood Stars"

Which was normal.. the topic first, then the board and the forum name.

However, after updates, it changed to this "Aspiring Nollywood Stars - Actor Olaniyi Afonja, aka Sanyeri Most Expensive Property Exposed - Nollywood News - Aspiring Nollywood Stars"
Bringing my forum name at the front and at the back each time i share on facebook......

Please urgent help please.....

Dzonny

Hello there.

Which SMF version are you using?
Also, do you have any mods installed?

corpersforum

thanks for the reply.... am using SMF 2.0.14

Installed the following MODS
1.   Misc Anti Spam   1.0     
2.   Contact Page   4.0     
3.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0 
4.   Anti-Spam Links   1.0.1     
5.   Add Social Media Icons To Profiles   1.2.0     
6.   Stop Forum Spam   1.0 
7.   Topic Descriptions   1.3     
8.   Google Tagged   2.0     
9.   SEO Sitemap   2.2.1     
10.   @mention members   1.1.2     
11.   Google Analytics Code   1.5.1     
12.   Default Avatar   2.3 
13.   NoFollow All Links   1.2.1     
14.   Remove Index.Php Completely From URL   1.2     
15.   SimplePortal   2.3.6     
16.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1     
17.   SMF 2.0.14 Update   1.0
18.   Pretty URLs   1.1.3     
19.   RIAST: Remove Index & Add Smart Title   1.3.0     
20.   SimpleAds   1.0.1     
21.   SMF 2.0.13 Update   1.0 
22.   Optimus   1.9     
23.   Share This Topic   4.1.2     

corpersforum

Illori

remember this is not a live chat, we reply if and when we have an answer. since we do not control facebook it is possible we cant fix this issue. you will need to be patient for someone that knows the answer to come around the reply to you.

Dzonny

Okay, someone already move this topic to appropriate section, I was confused as it was in 2.1 support board.

2.0.14 update does not affect meta titles and related stuff, so this should not be a problem with update itself.
Have you changed any setting for Optimus Brave mod, or RIAST mod? This is most likely related to those mods though.

Can you post URL to your forum maybe?

corpersforum

Steve

Where is your SMF copyright? You can't get help without it being in place.
DO NOT pm me for support!

corpersforum

Illori

please dont bump your topic within 24 hours. we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer.

Steve

Quote from: corpersforum on May 23, 2017, 03:09:28 PMThe SMf copyright is there sir

When I checked earlier I couldn't find it (looked with 3 browsers) but I see it now so all is good. :)

Could you answer Dzonny's question please?

Quote from: Dzonny on May 23, 2017, 09:33:58 AMHave you changed any setting for Optimus Brave mod, or RIAST mod? This is most likely related to those mods though.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Also, removing the index.php will likely cause some issues - although not this specific issue.
This one is probably related to having both Optimus Brave and RIAST installed (and you also have Remove Index.Php Completely From URL and RIAST - whcih do the same thin (even though neither should actually ever be used)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gluz

And also PrettyURLs, that is a combo of MODs that kind of do the same.

corpersforum

I really appreciate everyone.......

I have another SMF forum and am using same MODS... and the url is normal.... i will try to uninstall some MODS and give feedback

Dzonny

As far as I know, Optimus has an option to modify that, and looks like that's the case here, but we can't know for sure as we don't know your setup. :)

corpersforum

I fixed it.....  i uninstalled "RIAST: Remove Index & Add Smart Title" and i pasted a url on facebook and its normal....

"10 Common Misconceptions About Nollywood - Inside Nollywood - Aspiring Nollywood Stars"

Title first.....Category.....Site name...

The RIAST MOD was the problem....

... i really appreciate everyone

Dzonny
Gluz
Kindred
Steve
Illori

Thank you all..... i was sweating and scared.... but now am fine.... You guys are all my Hero ...
thanks....

Dzonny

Advertisement: