I am having trouble sending emails to forum members

Started by iplan, May 23, 2017, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iplan

So I have been using Simple Machines Forum for my business for several years, and it has recently come to my attention that emails I send to forum members (whether sent directly or when I "Announce a Topic" that is posted in the forum) are not being delivered.

The program runs through the machinations to indicate that it is sending the emails, but it doesn't send them.

I went over the settings [Admin => Maintenance => Mail => Settings} with my hosting company (GoDaddy) to make sure the email preferences were set up correctly (they were set up correctly).  I then sent myself a test email and I did not receive it after 24 hours.

How do I set my email settings up so that I can send an email to all of my forum members?

Platform:  I am currently running  SMF 2.0.13 
I tried to update to the current version, 2.0.14, but when I tried to install this update, I got the following message:

"This update requires a minimum of PHP 5.3.0 in order to function. (You are currently running PHP 5.2.17)"

So maybe another question is "How do you upgrade to PHP 5.3.0?"

I appreciate all your keen support & advice in the past, and thank you in advance for the solution that I'm bound to receive shortly!

iPlan

vbgamer45

I would ask your host godaddy. To see if they can upgrade your PHP version to at least 5.4
PHP version 5.5 or 5.6 would be even better.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

iplan

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 23, 2017, 02:27:26 PM
I would ask your host godaddy. To see if they can upgrade your PHP version to at least 5.4
PHP version 5.5 or 5.6 would be even better.

Ok ~ progress on the PHP version.  I was able to upgrade to 5.4. 

I'll test the email functionality again and see if I am successful.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: