Error when quoting

Started by alphacaveman2, May 23, 2017, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphacaveman2

I'm using SMF 2.0.6.

When some members try to preview or post, they get this:

There Is A Problem

Unfortunately, the page you are looking for has been moved or deleted. This happens sometimes, usually because we changed a link, so don't worry it's not your fault. Please use the menu at the top of the page to find the information you are looking for. Thanks for visiting.

Not all members get that. Just some. It affects some members and global moderators. The more complex a post thread seems like it might happen more. I'm not sure. Does anyone have anything I can try?

Kindred

that is not a standard message for SF - so it looks like you have an issue with a mod.

Additionally, you are 8 versions behind including some major security and functionality updates.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alphacaveman2

Kindred, Thank you. I'd love to upgrade to the most recent, but I bet it would break my forum.

Here are some errors I'm seeing quite a bit in the error log (do either of these tell you anything?):

2: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: disallowed Unicode code point (>= 0xd800 && <= 0xdfff) at offset 34

8: Array to string conversion

Illori

maybe it could help if you told us which file and line those errors happen on and we may be able to help you further.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

alphacaveman2

Quote from: Illori on May 24, 2017, 05:09:44 AM
maybe it could help if you told us which file and line those errors happen on and we may be able to help you further.

2: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: disallowed Unicode code point (>= 0xd800 && <= 0xdfff) at offset 34Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/grace/public_html/christian_forums/Sources/QueryString.php
Line: 479

8: Array to string conversionApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/grace/public_html/christian_forums/Sources/BadBehavior-mysql.php
Line: 220

alphacaveman2

Quote from: Steve on May 24, 2017, 07:46:35 AM
Quote from: alphacaveman2 on May 23, 2017, 09:37:37 PM... I bet it would break my forum.

Why do you say that?

Because it did once before. And another time I lost all customization.

alphacaveman2

Any ideas? @steve @illori

Steve

My advice would be to patch up to 2.0.13 or if your host is running PHP 5.4.x or higher, 2.0.14.

Patching should have little to no effect on mods.

Then see if you still have problems.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

Barring that, a list of your mods and a url to your forum would be useful to those Support Team members more technically-minded than myself.

alphacaveman2

Quote from: Steve on May 26, 2017, 04:18:44 PM
My advice would be to patch up to 2.0.13 or if your host is running PHP 5.4.x or higher, 2.0.14.

Patching should have little to no effect on mods.

Then see if you still have problems.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

Barring that, a list of your mods and a url to your forum would be useful to those Support Team members more technically-minded than myself.

Thank you. When you say, "Patch up to 2.0.13," do you mean go up from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 then 2.0.8 and so on or just click update and go to 2.0.13. It's been so long since I've tried this I don't know how.

Thank you.

Kindred

See the instructions in the wiki
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: alphacaveman2 on June 01, 2017, 11:02:35 PMWhen you say, "Patch up to 2.0.13," do you mean go up from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 then 2.0.8 and so on ...

Yep. As Kindred said: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Patching

Advertisement: