News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Inconsistency With id_topic = 0

Started by jriani, May 23, 2017, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jriani

Hello all,
I was combing through my database to write a mod and notice that some of my posts have id_topic = 0. There are no topics with an id_topic of 0. There are only 2 posts of this sort. Any ideas on how this might have come about and what is going on? I inherited the forum I noticed this on so I am not sure how it got there. I did notice some amateur must have edited the database manually at a previous date based on seeing an unhashed password for a duplicated username. Not sure if the id_topic = 0 was also a manual edit. Would this post still be visible? I'm guessing not since its not attached to a topic.

FYI, the forum I am running was an upgrade from 1.1.15 to 2.0.8. Any ideas / thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!

Kindred

have you recently run the "find and fix errors" maintenance routine?  IF not, do so...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: