News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No /Sources/Modsettings.php?

Started by Beowulf1976, May 24, 2017, 10:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf1976

The mod I am trying to install needs to edit /Sources/Modsettings.php

It doesn't exist.

I've googled and on these boards (somewhere) it tells people to download smf and extract it to obtain the file. It doesn't exist in there either.

Can anyone help?

"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Arantor

That is because you're trying to install a 1.1 mod on 2.0 which isn't going to work for you.

Beowulf1976

phooey. Do you know whether there is anything for 2.0.14 that gives admin the ability to add custom BB codes? :(
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Beowulf1976

umm I now have:

Table 'friends6_smf341.smfcj_bbcodes' doesn't exist
File: /home/friends6/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php
Line: 32

(Forum broken - obviously)

and the last post in the mod was 2014 (prior to mine) so I don't know what to do :(

Shambles

The solution is provided in the topic's support thread ;)

Beowulf1976

It may be a solution for others, but it is not a solution for me. Applebogies for being awkward :P

Kindred

Well, support for specific mods is to be found this support topic dedicated to that specific mod. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Beowulf1976

I ended up doing a fresh files install in the end, there were way too many borked sections (once I fixed one, another one appeared) to carry on with the way it was.

Advertisement: