My host claims it is a scripting issue and I should contact you guys?....

Started by Beowulf1976, May 24, 2017, 08:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beowulf1976

My website currently has this on it:
SORRY
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

vbgamer45

Please take out the post above has information that leads to security information.

Make sure your settings.php file starts with a <?php

You will need to change your database login information and image proxy secret,
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Beowulf1976

how the heck do I remover that? it's on my site!

as in LIVE

I cannot believe my host didn't say anything!

Edit 2... I copy pasted them that and they never said one thing! :(
"Them as can do has to do for them as can't. And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices."

vbgamer45

Site looks better now.

Download and upload the repair_settings tool
https://download.simplemachines.org/?tools

To fix your database information.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Beowulf1976

Thank you for being so tolerant of me.

What is an image secret proxy thingy? ANd How do I fix that it's been "visible" for the past god knows how many hours. I have changed passwords for both my databases to be on safe side (wp front end)

Beowulf1976

ffs, it didn't warn me what removing hooks would do :( UNTIL I had done it

Fatal error: Call to undefined function TP_loadTheme() in /home/friends6/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1429

Kindred

Did you take a backup before you did that?

At this point, your best bet would be to upload a clean set of files (see the FAQ on how to do that )
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Beowulf1976

I actually took a backup the second it came back online, so I am now uploading my entire /forum directory again (and replacing all files)

I assume that it will be still borked unless I also upload the database backup?

Edit will I also have to get the server host to fix the link between the two again? Or is there something I could do?

Beowulf1976

Quote from: Kindred on May 24, 2017, 09:41:45 PM
At this point, your best bet would be to upload a clean set of files (see the FAQ on how to do that )

I plan on doing this tomorrow :) thank you :)

Kindred

Well, the hooks were in the database...   so, you need to restore that, not the files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Beowulf1976

I'll restore the database and then do the fresh file install like suggested.

Kindred

NOT a "fresh install"

Load a clean set of files.

Those are very different actions
Слaва
Украинi

Beowulf1976

Just so you all know. I gave up with my old host, they were fricken hopeless. My datbase is 200kb, and 29 hours later they have STILL not been able to restore the version I put on the server for me. They fobbed me off every single time.

Once new hosting is set up, I will move it all over, new host have agreed to ensure the databse is working so I have a working copy of the forum so I can do the fresh set of files option.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Advertisement: