News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal Error install.php line 843

Started by Raths Rants, May 24, 2017, 11:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raths Rants

Current Version: 2.0.11
Upgrading to: 2.0.14
PHP Version. 5.5

I can get past the second page where you put in all your login and database info. I get the message below. I am sure I goofed something up.
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /[xxx]/forum/install.php on line 843

I used the repair_settings.php tool but failed to read not to change anything during an upgrade :-/ Now I am getting this when trying to run the tool.
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /[xxx]/forum/repair_settings.php on line 368

I remember running into this issue a long time ago but I cannot seem to find an answer on the forum or how I corrected it last time.

QuoteYes, yes I break my website every time I do something ;-/

Any help with be much appreciated !
The DDC Network
a lot of hard work goes into easy

vbgamer45

Did you upload all the files for the install?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Raths Rants

Yes, I re-uploaded 3 times now. Wracking my brain. Pretty sure I had to edit a file not included with the install. Looking into that now.
The DDC Network

shawnb61

Are you installing a new site, or upgrading?

If you started off with 2.0.11, it would be much easier just to patch to 2.0.12, then 2.0.13, then 2.0.14.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Raths Rants

The DDC Network

Raths Rants

Update: I verified PHP Version 5.6.30 using the phpinfo.php method.

So I did an incremental upgrade to 2.0.14. Everything seemed to work fine. Started to install my mods. On the first mod I tried to install I got another Fatal Error.

I noted I was logged out on the another browser. Said that my session had expired and I needed to log back in. Tried logging back in and got the same message.

I was still logged in on another browser which was fine. Poked around the site. Logged out and was not able to log back in. Same issue as above.

I did a rollback to 2.0.13. Everything is working fine. I was able to login to the site and re-install my mods.

The only thing I noticed was the default PHP is 5.4 for my server and I have to change it manually for each directory. The install directory is set to 5.6. The sub folders still show 5.4.

Not sure if the issue might be with this.
The DDC Network

Kindred

That is a rather bizarre set up and that indeed might cause problems you should be using the same version of PHP for the entire site. Also if you patched to upgrade you would not need to reinstall mods because none of them would have been removed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Not sure what the rest of Kindred's post was supposed to be but I suspect it's that none of the patches affect mods.
DO NOT pm me for support!

deciph3red

Im having the same issue all of a sudden, and ive installed SMF about 50 times in the past.  Fatal error on the upgrade. . . . forum only had a few posts, so I just dropped the DB and recreated it, with user, and now im getting the same fatal error.

vbgamer45

Ask your host to upgrade your php version to at least 5.4
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

deciph3red

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 29, 2017, 12:50:06 AM
Ask your host to upgrade your php version to at least 5.4

Submitting support ticket now.  I will update this thread if its the fix.

Advertisement: