News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Table is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Started by Palloy, May 26, 2017, 12:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palloy

After suffering the login problem from 2.0.14, and getting out of it by adding the extra hidden fields in /Themes/name/index.template.php, today, after posting on SMF, I got the error:

QuoteTable './doomstea_smp_d2db72/smf_related_subjects' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/doomstea/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 109

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.14, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

I need some guidance on what this means.

Palloy

Incidentally, after 2.0.14 and host upgrading to PHP-7.0.16, SMF appeared to work OK, but WordPress 4.7.5 started producing blank pages, so I had to revert to PHP-5.6.30.
Since then I have had one report of WP > Add Blog's Drafts button not working/disappearing.

Illori

you would need to repair that table in phpmyadmin or you can ask your host to repair it for you.

Johnny54

Off topic
WP 4.7.5 works perfect with PHP 7.0.18  en PHP 7.1.3
Else run https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/ to find out where the problem is.

Palloy

QuoteIllori: you would need to repair that table in phpmyadmin or you can ask your host to repair it for you.

Thanks for that, but how on earth does phpmyadmin know how to repair an SMF database table, or my host for that matter? I could sort of understand if there was an SMF-specific tool for doing it - Is Admin Center > Forum Maintenance > Database > Optimize going to help?  IS this going to need a site backup before we start?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the situation.

Kindred

that's because the tables are formed using a predetermined format and style... and when the table crashes, the system (usually) knows how to fix it.

so, when a table is marked as crashed, then go to phpmyadmin or your cpanel and repair the database/tables.

(and it can not be done from SMF because SMF would have to connect to the database - which is down because the table is crashed... etc etc. :)

[edit] spelling -Illori
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Palloy

Advertisement: