Can't upgrade to 2.14. Problem with database connection.

Started by ptankov, May 26, 2017, 05:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ptankov

My config: CentOS 7, Nginx, php-fpm.

I have Simple Machines Forum installed (SMF). I tried applying a minor update to the forum (SMF 2.0.13 --> SMF 2.0.14) that was supposed to self update on-the-fly with no issues. After the update I get

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

How can I see any logs from php-fpm so that I have any clue why the forum can't connect to the database?

Kindred

you need to be running at least php 5.4 (and php 5.6, , 6.x or 7.x are better choices)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ptankov

Sorry, forgot to specify:

php 5.4.16
MariaDB-server-10.0.22

Arantor

Quote from: Kindred on May 26, 2017, 06:18:39 AM
you need to be running at least php 5.4 (and php 5.6, , 6.x or 7.x are better choices)

Um, there is no PHP 6 any more...

Arantor

As to the OP, what log folder is specified in the PHP.ini file? That's where the log is...

ptankov

The php.ini is unchanged from the package
php-common-5.4.16-36.el7_1.x86_64 on CentOS

That is, no log file is explicitly specified there. If you want, I can post its contents here.

Arantor

That would imply that the log is turned off, or that it's somewhere in /var, I don't remember where the default log location on Linux is as I've been doing Windows admin for the last couple of years...

Advertisement: