Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

Started by I JaR oF JaM I, May 27, 2017, 05:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I JaR oF JaM I

Any time I try to log in on my forum other than through the actual login page I get this error.   I've tried Firefox and Chrome, clearing cache, cookies, etc., and I still get the error.   Any idea why this would happen?
Death smiles at us all... All we can do is smile back.

John Magdy Lotfy

I JaR oF JaM I

I was hoping that that link would fix the problem, but my session.hash_bits_per_character = 4 already, and all the SMF Load.php edits were already there in the first place.   Any other suggestions?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

I JaR oF JaM I

1 - stephenschruhl.com
2 - PHP version: Currently 5.5.37 (but I've tried 5.6 and 7.0)
3 - Problem is happening on Default theme when trying to log in with Simple Portal User block, and happening on insidiousII theme when trying to log in using the Portal block or the login option at the top of the page.

John Magdy Lotfy

iam getting the same proplem (sorry for posting on my non-personal topic)
1- URL: http://br-gaming.tk/forums
2- php version: v7.0
3- what theme are you using: Astonished

I JaR oF JaM I

It might also help to say that I'm using hostgator's cloud hosting service, too.

Kindred

And, you have just indicated what your issue is.

You did not apply the 2.0.14 changed to your custom theme and simpleportal needs an update to include that same changes.

This has actually been answered several times already...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

I JaR oF JaM I

I'm a little confused by what you mean. Plus I Googled and searched for this problem and never found anything on it.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, I should manually install the theme and Simple Portal?

Kindred

No...  you need to manually make a fix to the code for your theme in index.template.php

I would link you, but I am on mobile...   there have literally been a dozen posts about this alreayd, in this very board, though...

And you either need an update to simpleportal or make the same manual update to that mod's code
Слaва
Украинi

I JaR oF JaM I

Ahhh, gotcha.   Okay, so I was able to find the fix that you were talking about for the theme.   I hate to bug you, but do you have any idea how to fix it on Simple Portal?   Or maybe a recommendation for a better Portal?

@John Magdy Lofty - Here is the link to the theme fix: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553884.msg3925847#msg3925847

John Magdy Lotfy

Quote from: I JaR oF JaM I on May 27, 2017, 09:55:15 PM
Ahhh, gotcha.   Okay, so I was able to find the fix that you were talking about for the theme.   I hate to bug you, but do you have any idea how to fix it on Simple Portal?   Or maybe a recommendation for a better Portal?

@John Magdy Lofty - Here is the link to the theme fix: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=553884.msg3925847#msg3925847
Thanks so much my proplem about seesion timeout fixed :D
but iam not sure if we may find how to upgrape simpleportal but lets contact someone on thier forums to update it: http://www.simpleportal.net/ [nofollow]

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

I JaR oF JaM I

Advertisement: