News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF upgrade to 2.0.14 gone wrong

Started by James Patten, May 29, 2017, 07:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Patten

My forum was at 1.1.21 and we got this error message:
QuoteTable './oehhfcmv_smf1/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/oehhfcmv/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2583

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.21, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

The forum was installed on my website via the Softaculous installer manager, so I tried upgrading through it.  It ran into the same issue.

Long story short - I made a backup of my forum tables to my computer, dropped the old SMF and installed the new (through Softaculous), then was able to import the data tables back into the new database.  So all my data is there, but in tables with different names, so of course my new forum is still empty.

Is there an upgrade SQL script that I can use that copies the data from the old to new, in the right order to avoid constraint errors?

Dzonny

Hey there,

Have you tried to repair the table in the database that was reported?
Upgrade.php file from the large upgrade pack is performing the database changes and that must be completed in order to have working 2.0.x version
Upgrading SMF

James Patten

I tried repairing via PhPMyAdmin, it said that it worked but still had the problem.

I ended up uninstalling SMF and then installing the newest version.  So any files from before got wiped out in the uninstall.

Kindred

except that your problem was not related to the files in any way... it was a database issue.

And this demonstrates why we consider auto-installers, to be a bad choice....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: