Highest php version for 1.1?

Started by apc, May 29, 2017, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apc

I am running SMF 1.1.21

What is the highest version of php that this version will run on without issues?

Thanks.

Arantor

PHP 5.4.

But for a platform released 11 years ago, this is pretty good going. It's probably time to plan an upgrade.

apc

Quote from: Arantor on May 29, 2017, 07:54:45 AM
PHP 5.4.

But for a platform released 11 years ago, this is pretty good going. It's probably time to plan an upgrade.

I totally agree that for an 11 year old forum software this is very good going. The forum in question has been on SMF for all those years and migrated from other platforms for 6 years before that.

This is a long standing form with hundreds of thousands of posts so while I agree that upgrading is the best way forward I also need to proceed with caution.

How reliable is the SMF 1.21 upgrade to the latest version, any considerations such as addons being used and availability of possible themes?

Thanks.

Arantor

Any theme will need a replacement to 2.0, as will most mods.

What mods do you use today?

apc

I am using smf4seo and smfads.

smf4seo is the main issue as the URL's will need to correspond with my existing ones otherwise 500K pages would will drop out of the Google index.

Illori

it does not look like that mod has been updated, for that matter the mod has been removed from the mod site. there are similar mods for SMF 2.0 but i dont know if they will have the URL the same as that mod.

vbgamer45

I have a url rewriting system call prettyurls.
I used to use seo4smf as well.

I have attached a package that handles the urls for seo4smf and redirects to the prettyurls version
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Arantor

FYI the SEO4SMF mod was removed owing to security issues it had leading to multiple forums being hacked.

Advertisement: