News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

another 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 error Error in manage members.php

Started by Nodaz, November 21, 2017, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

All three of my forums are 2.0.14 and get the same error:

Any insight on why this is happening and how to resolve?

drewactual

what are your mods?  do you have one that manipulates member groups in any way?

all said, and without seeing the actual error from the screenshot, it's most likely a matter of following the directions to manually add the script... most likely a line of script from the impacting mod is in the way of what/where the package installer is looking to plant the updated script... not a big deal at all, and you'll likely find it easier to plant the code manually rather than rely on the installer.

bynw

I have that same error as well.

Here are the details:

it looks like it doesn't find:

if ($context['sub_action'] == 'query' && !empty($_REQUEST['params']) && empty($_POST))
$_POST += safe_unserialize(base64_decode($_REQUEST['params']));

drewactual

i wager the truth of the matter is "it doesn't find that code on the line# it is looking", and I further wager an installed mod moved it down a few lines to make room for whatever it added....

not a show stopper... simply look for that line (use a word search) and add the offered code either before or after it (depending on what the instructions say)... boom- you will have performed a manual install.

bynw

StopSpammer mod was causing that code snipit not to be found as it modified it. Removing the mod and I can install the update

Kindred

This was answered in the stop spammer support thread, yesterday. ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nodaz

Shambles

Go to the mod download page and you'll see the support button.

Or you could save yourself even more work and just click here:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg3948505#msg3948505

Advertisement: