News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by Colin, May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnich

Yeayyy!!!!
Well done team proud of you>.....Thanks for the best product.

Serena Butler

Unfotunately it failed for me. I followed the proposed large upgrade procedure (exact like I done the beta's before):

Notice: Undefined index: db_mb4 in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/forum_smf/Sources/Load.php on line 89

Any ideas? It's kinda small Testforum and sure I have backups but like to know how to avoid this.

Thanks for your time!

cheers!

Nibogo

Quote from: Serena Butler on July 06, 2017, 08:48:01 AM
Unfotunately it failed for me. I followed the proposed large upgrade procedure (exact like I done the beta's before):

Notice: Undefined index: db_mb4 in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/forum_smf/Sources/Load.php on line 89

Any ideas? It's kinda small Testforum and sure I have backups but like to know how to avoid this.

Thanks for your time!

cheers!

Selena please do your support requests at the appropriate board: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=254.0

Apllicmz

Seyit replikacep.com

Subs-db-mysql.php file has a utf8 problem on db connection created in ssi.php

Row 384 Subs-db-mysql.php

$connection->set_charset("utf8");

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/4205

Arantor

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Bloc

Edited to remove quoted spam post, which had been deleted - Iris.

The beta3 is quite usable as it is, and beta4 is startet upon- on Github at least.

I am developing a new SMF theme for 2.1 beta3/beta4 and see no problem starting to use this version. No need to wait until RC versions - the more that use betas the quicker any issues can be dealt with and the sooner we can get to that stable RC version. I remember using 2.0 betas long before any 2.0 stable versions and there were quite a few changes in the default theme back then, from one beta to another.

Colin

It is perfectly fine to use the Beta version in a sandboxed personal environment, but we do discourage running any Beta version in a production environment. We certainly appreciate you testing SMF 2.1 and ultimately how you use it even in the beta stage is at your discretion.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sharon117

After struggling with SMF V2.0.14, I installed this BETA version and still found the same bug...
I log in as admin and when I try to log out it gives an error... also if you log in with registered members they log into each others accounts. I tried to downgrade to previous version but seems like you can't... Been using SMF on all my previous websites and it worked great! Hope you guys will fix this soon... And also... can't install any themes on BETA...

d3vcho

Please don't use this thread for support. Start a new topic in the right board, and you'll receive support there.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

makmurqq

I have to say that I'm looking forward to 2.1 more than any other software upgrade in recent years. glad to see the progress.

Link to website removed.  Please avoid putting links to your website in your replies, otherwise you will be warned for spamming - Iris.

Gheko

how can i fix this error:  /home/club206/domains/club-206.ro/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
==>3311:               $path = $modSettings['attachmentUploadDir'][$modSettings['currentAttachmentUploadDir']];
3312:   

Thanks!
le. i have beta 2 from the begining .. and i cannot pas to a stable smf :( is a live forum...well almoust dead because of fb:)
Proud member Of Peugeot 206 Club Romania

d3vcho

Quote from: Colin on May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
Finally, as always, this topic is not for support. Discussion and support for 2.1 can be found in the 2.1 support board.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

pocttopus

How is it going with final release of 2.1?  ::)

Gary

It'll be ready when it's ready. We don't give ETAs on release dates, besides, it still needs to go through the RC phase first.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

LiroyvH

The offtopic discussion has been merged with the existing topic in Chit Chat. Thanks.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

seosefi

It's a bit difficult to setup, but it works smoothly.

Astrorushi

This SMF 2.1 Beta 3 is not working properly i used this one 1 week after that i uninstalled

Advertisement: