News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.1 Beta 3 Released

Started by Colin, May 31, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard K

When will we be expecting the full release

Arantor

Quote from: Richard K on October 03, 2018, 12:38:59 AM

When it's done, same as ever.

movierchives

Will this 'new' version have a mobile friendly theme as default?

Arantor

Yes, it comes with a responsive theme as the default theme.

movierchives

I know we can't ask on time frames but how is this going because I've just noticed beta 3 is from 2017

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you want, you can check on Github. Work is ongoing, and progress is being made. https://github.com/SimpleMachines
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

landyvlad

Quote from: Arantor on October 03, 2018, 03:04:45 AM
Quote from: Richard K on October 03, 2018, 12:38:59 AM

When it's done, same as ever.

Feature request: Auto-responder to save Arantor the trouble every time   ;)
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

Then it needs a secondary feature, to track the estimated date and bump it by a week every time someone asks, or if they complain about it taking too long.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2018, 08:56:37 AM
Then it needs a secondary feature, to track the estimated date and bump it by a week every time someone asks, or if they complain about it taking too long.
;D
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Nolt

I only hope that when SMF 2.1 be released, it will not be much outdated or big step backwards compared to other forum scripts  :-X  SMF is a amazing and solid software but needs a little speed up in developing  ;)

Arantor

If I were to point out that XenForo 2.1 is shipping native desktop/mobile push notifications (except iPhone/iPad) without needing an app, and that when XF first started out, SMF 2.0 was still trying to make Curve 1... I'll let you be the judge of 'compared to other forum scripts'.

meanwhile, *rubs out previous release date, adds another month*

movierchives

Quote from: Nolt on October 20, 2018, 03:56:57 PM
I only hope that when SMF 2.1 be released, it will not be much outdated or big step backwards compared to other forum scripts  :-X  SMF is a amazing and solid software but needs a little speed up in developing  ;)
I've been thinking the very same thing and I still remember the team saying this release wouldn't take as long as the last, I forget how many years ago that was now

Deaks

tbh its already behind others
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

2.0 released in 2011.

*rubs out the 2.1 release date in the secret board, adds another week to the date*

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: movierchives on October 21, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
Quote from: Nolt on October 20, 2018, 03:56:57 PM
I've been thinking the very same thing and I still remember the team saying this release wouldn't take as long as the last, I forget how many years ago that was now
We don't have enough developers to move it along faster, plain and simple. Maybe the situation was different back then (I wasn't around for that)

Maybe if more people tried to help instead of just complaining it would be already finished. Remember this is an open source project and no one is paid to work on it.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Bigguy

Personally as a viewer of GH on a daily basis, I think the progress has been going very good recently.

Sesquipedalian

Anyone who wants to help speed us along is more than welcome to help out.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

Bigguy

shinglis

Quote from: Bigguy on October 21, 2018, 04:23:58 PM
They should also check this link. It looks real good I think:

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/milestones

Yes been following. Very tempted like you @Bigguy make my site live with this beta version and help with the bug identification / issues.

Bigguy

Any help from all would be great. ;)

Advertisement: