Unable to verify referring url (2)

Started by Johnny54, June 03, 2017, 10:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny54

Since upgrading to 2.0.14 I am experiencing this error.
I tried the proposed solution from vbgamer45.
The problem still exist.
Could anybody please help.

What I checked and did so far:

After the 2.0.14 patch I found in index.template.php:
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

In boardindex.template.php I couldn't find a </form> nor <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

In login.template.php I found three times a login form and <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /> and put <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" /> behind it.

Theme: responsive_curve_v1.0

Forum version: SMF 2.0.14 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.14
GD version: bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
MySQL version: 5.5.41-MariaDB
PHP: 7.1.3
Server version: Apache/2

Proposed solution from vbgamer45:
QuoteIf your custom theme has a login form such as in the index.template.php or boardindex.template.php or in the login.template.php
The SMF 2.0.14 now requires the following code added in the <form> tag  just add in the closing </form> tag in any login form.
<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
This code is used to help increase security for SMF.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Johnny54

When trying to login on my forum with login form top left.
I get this error message when filling in name and password for the first time, when I fill in name and password a second time I get logged in.
The problem does not occur when logging in via login in the menu.

Kindred

right... and that means that you did not actually apply the login theme changes to your theme's template files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnny54

I thought I did. See start post.
That's why I am confused.

Kindred

I understand that's what you THINK you did.

However, the evidence indicates that you did not...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnny54

Could you then please tell me in a simple way what to do.
Because clearly I don't understand.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Johnny54

No, no portal.
A rather bare installation of SMF with only a few mods.

Responsive Curve 1.0.0
Bookmarks 2.5 
SMF Gallery Lite 4.0
Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.8.1 
IPv6 Support 1.0.1 
Best Answer Intergration 1.04

In Responsive Curve 1.0.0 I found a index.template.php and in it several times:
<input type="password" name="passwrd" class="form-control" placeholder="', $txt['password'] ,'" />

Should those be change in
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

vbgamer45

No just add

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

If it is not present in the form tag.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Johnny54

Sorry to all but I made a mistake with copy and past.

In index.template.php from Responsive Curve for SMF 2.0.x I already see

Should that be changed in:

I don't think so but I want to be sure.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Johnny54

Did the replacement.
I could no longer log in any account.
I am putting back a backup and let it all rest for at least 24 hours.

Advertisement: