2.0.14 Update Failed

Started by Novice, June 05, 2017, 12:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

The program manager said that 2.0.14 update was available. Proceeded with the install and all tested successfully. Site immediately stopped working with this error:
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/content/11/13951611/html/**********forum/Sources/Load.php on line 142

I'm not a coder....is there anyone there who can help?

vbgamer45

Contact your host and ask them to upgrade your site to PHP 5.4 or higher
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Novice

Well I did and GoDaddy fixed me up with 5.4.

Now this is what it says:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/content/11/13951611/html/membersforum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/11/13951611/html/membersforum/Sources/Security.php on line 543

??

Novice

Thanks! I figured out how to get the Subs-Auth.php file uploaded. Now the site looks like this: (Follow Link in Browser)

http://membersforum.knightsofthecointable.org/index.php

I can't seem to catch a break....

Illori

how did you do the upgrade to 2.0.14?

Novice

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Novice

Well, I did and it looks like it didn't change anything.

Novice

I reinstalled the program, did all of the updates successfully (I'm guessing). Then I pointed the servers to the one that contains the original sites data. So far it's is up and running. Could you tell me if their are any gremlins awakened when this is done. I do have an error show up at the bottom of the page where the copyright appears. I really don't know where to go with this.

I'm also experiencing some of the members are not being allowed to log in. One member sent me this:

** Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

He does and receives the same message.

Kindred

Members not being able to log in is due to your themeot being updated by the 2.0.14 changes to the login function

The error is due to a mod which had a failed code section
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Novice

Is there anything that someone like me, a 59 year old non-coder can do to save this site? I just need the quickest route to go to get things functioning again with our 8 years of data.

Thanks
Terry Olds

vbgamer45

If your custom theme has a login form such as in the index.template.php or boardindex.template.php or in the login.template.php

The SMF 2.0.14 now requires the following code added in the <form> tag  just add in the closing </form> tag in any login form.

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

This code is used to help increase security for SMF.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Novice

This is the ending of my login.template.php

echo '
            <p><input type="submit" value="', $txt['invalid_activation_resend'], '" class="button_submit" /></p>
         </div>
         <span class="lowerframe"><span></span></span>
      </form>';
}

I don't know where exactly to put the line you gave me in your last post.

lurkalot

Quote from: Novice on June 06, 2017, 04:10:51 PM
This is the ending of my login.template.php

I don't know where exactly to put the line you gave me in your last post.

Like this,

echo '
<p><input type="submit" value="', $txt['invalid_activation_resend'], '" class="button_submit" /></p>
</div>
                        <input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />
</form>';
}

Novice

So replace everything currently between echo ' and </form>'; with the code you have posted. Correct?

lurkalot

I just added the line to the chunk of code you posted, to show you where it goes. ;)

Novice

This is how it looks now:

if ($context['can_activate'])
      echo '
            <p>', $txt['invalid_activation_known'], '</p>
            <dl>
               <dt>', $txt['invalid_activation_retry'], ':</dt>
               <dd><input type="text" name="code" size="30" class="input_text" /></dd>
            </dl>';

echo '

</div>
      </form>';
}

?>

Sir Osis of Liver

Did someone delete my post?

Quote from: Novice on June 06, 2017, 07:12:48 AM
Is there anything that someone like me, a 59 year old non-coder can do to save this site?

Revert to 2.0.13, there's nothing wrong with it, and .14 is full of bugs.  Stay with .13 until 2.0.15 is released.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Novice

How do I revert the site to 2.0.13

Advertisement: