News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I need to insure that any member posting in a certain forum has read the rules

Started by tdennis, June 05, 2017, 01:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

I need to insure that any member posting in a certain forum has read the rules that I have for that particular forum.

Anyone know of a way to do that? Currently I have a sticky in that forum that lays out the rules for topic's in that forum but members just continue to ignore the sticky and create topics or make replies that are not allowed in that forum.

I know of no 2.0.13 feature that will do this nor could I find a mod that might help. Any suggestions?
tdennis

vbgamer45

I am not aware of anything that does in a per board/forum level

I see this one that is somewhat related.
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2696
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Wellwisher

You can use simpleportal mod and choose which board you want the message to display and where. Google simpleportal smf. They also have a gd support forum in case u get stuck. It's what i use. It's easy to customise and you can even copy and past text or html blocks.

Steve

How does that help the OP ensure members have read the rules before posting?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

You really can't...    seriously, there is no way.
Even if you force the boilerplate to be displayed, you can't force them to read it... 99% will just click OK and won't actually read the words, anyway...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tdennis

Guys thanks for the feedback, sorry for my late response I had a family situation tie me up and I am just getting back into the swing of things.

I may try the "Read the Rules" mod but I am like you, not sure the members will do anything but ignore the link!
Thanks
tdennis

**This can be marked solved, I have a work around. Thanks to all for their input.
tdennis**

Advertisement: