News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Anyone else, Godaddy "Upgrade" issues?? Ex attachments?

Started by showngo, August 19, 2019, 02:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

To start off with, Yes, Godaddy.

I ( anf many members) were getting timed out and HTTP500 errors across the country and attachments were hit and miss.
I called GD support and was told that nothing was wrong and everything was how it should be.

THEN, I get an email about 30min after the support call
Dear Anthony,

We're migrating your hosting account, xxxxxxxxx.com, to a new (and, frankly, better) server. We might need your help, though.

Help was only if my IP was not hosted at GD

So, they dropped the ball with that one.

Now my problem is that attachments are still hit and miss and I get an error of

Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

This is instant, so it is not taking too long and the .jpg is only 890kb, I have a limit of 2mb set on the forum.   

Any direction on how to #1 fix this,  #2 what to say to Godaddy support about a problem that only happened after the great upgrade. 

PS I have plenty of resources available on my GD account, Im not maxed out in any area.   I just need the correct verbiage when I speak to them.

Illori

godaddy is not known for being a good host. I would suggest you look for a non-oversold host all your issues will then go away.

showngo

Quote from: Illori on August 19, 2019, 02:28:24 PM
godaddy is not known for being a good host. I would suggest you look for a non-oversold host all your issues will then go away.

I am finding this out 100% 

I was not able to access my hosting account with them all day.
Now Im on and the PAID UNTIL 2021 hosting for 120gb disk space is changed to 70gb  WTF

Any recommendations for new hosting? 

Advertisement: