2.0.14 cant restore backup

Started by Gabriel91, June 06, 2017, 05:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel91

I upgraded the forum to 2.0.14 yesterday and I got multiple errors while reinstaling my plugins. Now the forum is crashed and none of my backups can be restored.

QuoteThe following errors were found :

Extracted file /home/****************/htdocs/smf.79_92926.2017-06-05_12-53-10 does not have the correct file size '0' (1926 expected). Archive may be corrupted.
There was some error while unzipping the backup files

The backup has 314.25 MB. Before yesterday I was able to restore backups of even bigger sizes.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Or can I get a suggestion for another platform that doesnt crash my forum every time I instal or update something?

Dzonny

Hey there Gabriel,

Can you unzip that archive on your computer and see all the files inside it?
Have you try to upload backup archive via file manager or FTP client?

Apart from that, from which version have you tried to upgrade to 2.0.14? Have you used large upgrade pack?

Gabriel91

Quote from: Dzonny on June 06, 2017, 05:20:03 AM
Hey there Gabriel,

Can you unzip that archive on your computer and see all the files inside it?
Have you try to upload backup archive via file manager or FTP client?

Apart from that, from which version have you tried to upgrade to 2.0.14? Have you used large upgrade pack?

It seems I can unzip it in my PC. It doesnt work via file manager. I will try with a FTP client; didnt thought at that, I am newbie. I am doing everything from cpanel/softaculous. I just used the update option from there and my previous SMF ver was 2.0.13
Tnx!

Illori

you should never use an auto installer to do an upgrade, you dont know what it may do. you could possibly end up with a clean install and nothing left over of your forum.

Dzonny

Can you tell us on which PHP version your server is?

Let us know if you need additional help regards this, and we'll do our best to give you a hand :)

Gabriel91

Quote from: Dzonny on June 06, 2017, 06:31:08 AM
Can you tell us on which PHP version your server is?

Let us know if you need additional help regards this, and we'll do our best to give you a hand :)

PHP ver 7
I managed to restore my backup using a FTP client. I have 2.0.13 again and I dont think that I will update it again, considering that so many of my plugins displayed errors when instal-testing.
Ty guys! I will mark this topic as solved.

Illori

you will need to upgrade as the security patches are released, as they are released to fix security issues.

efk

Hey guys, after our forum failed to be upgraded to 2.0.14,  Gabriel recovered it with ftp client and there is another problem now. Installed packages are not on the list of packages anymore, so it seems they can be removed only by modifying/removing scripts (everything related with codding is Gabriel's job to do since I'm not experienced with codding). Under normal circumstances, packages are displayed in Browse Packages and Installed Packages, but our lists are empty and we wish now to remove some. We are still on 2.0.13.

Any advice?

Advertisement: