News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Membergroup-based Signature Permissions

Started by GL700Wing, June 10, 2017, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL700Wing

Link to the mod

Membergroup Signature Permissions - v1.3

This modification enables membergroup-based signature permissions for images, smileys and links.

It also provides the option to allow increased privileges (ie, twice as many lines in signature and 50% larger font size) to the values specified in Admin -> Features and Options -> Signatures.

Release History
v1.0 - 29-May-17
o Initial release.

v1.1 - 25-Jul-18
o Added LICENSE.txt to satisfy licensing requirements.

v1.2 - 25-Jul-21
o Added support for SMF 2.1 RC4

v1.3 - 22-Apr-22
o Added support for SMF 2.1
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 RC4
o Minor bug fixes and tweaks in relation to smileys

License
Copyright 2017-2023 Kathy Leslie

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

landyvlad

Nice one mate. Good to see some of your excellent knowledge formalised for the SMF community.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Steve

Very nice! Now if it only had an on/off switch option by membergroup. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

GL700Wing

Quote from: Steve on June 21, 2017, 09:21:31 AM
Very nice!
Thanks.

QuoteNow if it only had an on/off switch option by membergroup. :P
Not sure what you mean as it is already membergroup based (unless you're referring to post-count based groups).

ChicagolandAnswers

Love the concept of the mod, but having trouble finding the settings for it in my admin area.... where are the settings please?  8)

Steve

Quote from: GL700Wing on June 21, 2017, 10:12:46 AM
Quote from: Steve on June 21, 2017, 09:21:31 AMNow if it only had an on/off switch option by membergroup. :P
Not sure what you mean as it is already membergroup based (unless you're referring to post-count based groups).

Keep in mind this is only a wish list item, not something I'm trying to talk you into doing.

If you look at this mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=409 you see that one can choose to show their signature or not for each post but that's global. I'd like to see it available per membergroup, in addition to the functions in your mod. :)

GL700Wing

Quote from: ChicagolandAnswers on June 21, 2017, 12:45:54 PM
Love the concept of the mod, but having trouble finding the settings for it in my admin area.... where are the settings please?  8)
As per the images for the mod the settings are in the following locations:

1.  Set default/minimum signature options via Admin -> Features and Options -> Signature (this is the default signature permissions area for SMF and has not been changed by this mod)

2.  For each regular member group Allow/Disallow/Deny each option for each regular group (and post count based groups if you've enabled permissions for them) via Admin -> Permissions

GL700Wing

Quote from: Steve on June 21, 2017, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: GL700Wing on June 21, 2017, 10:12:46 AM
Quote from: Steve on June 21, 2017, 09:21:31 AMNow if it only had an on/off switch option by membergroup. :P

Keep in mind this is only a wish list item, not something I'm trying to talk you into doing.

If you look at this mod: https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=409 you see that one can choose to show their signature or not for each post but that's global. I'd like to see it available per membergroup, in addition to the functions in your mod. :)
Oh - ok - now I understand! 

You're referring to having the ability to allow/disallow signatures on a membergroup basis - maybe this mod is what you're looking for ... ;)

Steve

Not exactly. That one chooses which ones can display a signature or not for all posts they make, not each post as they make it. What I'm hoping for is that when a post is being made, there's an additional checkbox underneath the text area that one can select whether or not to show their signature for that post. It's THAT ability I'd love to have allowable by membergroup. :)

ChicagolandAnswers

QuoteOh - ok - now I understand! 

You're referring to having the ability to allow/disallow signatures on a membergroup basis - maybe this mod is what you're looking for ... ;)

That's actually the mod I needed. LOL.... thanks for posting it, it works great!  ;D

jack208

In case anyone's wondering, I installed this in a ver 2.0.17 setup and it works fine!

shadav

how would I change this from twice as many to let's say 4xs?
want to give a better incentive to donators :)

in profile-modify.php and profile.template.php
do I just replace all of the *2 to *4 ?

GL700Wing

Quote from: shadav on June 15, 2020, 12:59:12 AM
how would I change this from twice as many to let's say 4xs?
want to give a better incentive to donators :)

in profile-modify.php and profile.template.php
do I just replace all of the *2 to *4 ?
Yep - that will do it!

GL700Wing

Uploaded v1.2 - 25-Jul-21
o Added support for SMF 2.1 RC4

Advertisement: