News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.0.14 Fresh install, shows up with white page

Started by VileStorms, June 11, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VileStorms

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 12, 2017, 05:46:24 PM
Hmm I would look into your /etc/php.ini and set up a global php error_log path and try again.
And see if anything gets logged there when you load a page

/etc/php.ini is blank when I nano into it

vbgamer45

It could be located elsewhere on your server
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

VileStorms

Illori

can you try to install 2.0.13 and see if that works better? https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-13_install.zip if so then you can use the package manager to upgrade to 2.0.14.

VileStorms

Quote from: Illori on June 12, 2017, 05:57:30 PM
can you try to install 2.0.13 and see if that works better? https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-13_install.zip if so then you can use the package manager to upgrade to 2.0.14.

Will do in a second

VileStorms

Quote from: Illori on June 12, 2017, 05:57:30 PM

Still broken on 2.0.13

VileStorms

I honestly have no clue why its doing this, and its getting really frustrating...

VileStorms

something might be wrong with my host so I'll reinstall the OS and check again, this will take a lot longer to update yall on though.

Dzonny

That's a possibility, as it's really not common to have this kind of problem on fresh install. Have you noticed the same problem when you first installed the forum (before you even installed any mod)?

This sounds like a .htaccess or something related to prettyURLS thing, but as you stated above that there's nothing in .htaccess that could cause the problem I'm out of ideas.

VileStorms

Quote from: Dzonny on June 12, 2017, 07:33:37 PM
That's a possibility, as it's really not common to have this kind of problem on fresh install. Have you noticed the same problem when you first installed the forum (before you even installed any mod)?

This sounds like a .htaccess or something related to prettyURLS thing, but as you stated above that there's nothing in .htaccess that could cause the problem I'm out of ideas.

So I have a fresh os and a fresh install without any mods, and its still broken. Yea its really weird There is no .htaccess in the main directory, but there is one in attachments

VileStorms

Quote from: Dzonny on June 12, 2017, 07:33:37 PM

Is it possible that not having a .htaccess file is causing the issue??? would you be able to send me one?

Illori

you dont need it, if it does not exist create one.

VileStorms

Quote from: Illori on June 14, 2017, 03:58:31 PM

Also a bit of info that might help, when I install the forum I need repair_settings.php or its only text, the theme doesn't work properly straight from install

VileStorms

Quote from: Illori on June 14, 2017, 03:58:31 PM

Is it possible that the website is running out of memory?? the php test file says I have a limit of 128MB

VileStorms

It works some of the time, but most of the time its a white screen of death.

Illori

if your server error log does not tell you what is going on, maybe it is time to look for a new host.

Dzonny

Quote from: VileStorms on June 16, 2017, 04:47:32 AM
It's weird if it works sometimes and sometimes not. Then definitely you should ask your hosting support for advise or seek for a new host as previously suggested.

VileStorms

Quote from: Dzonny on June 16, 2017, 08:55:05 AM
Quote from: VileStorms on June 16, 2017, 04:47:32 AM
It's weird if it works sometimes and sometimes not. Then definitely you should ask your hosting support for advise or seek for a new host as previously suggested.

I am my own host so im not sure where to look for the issue

Illori

vbgamer45

Yeah try simple php scripts. If not turn on php error logging try putting this in the file

ini_set("display_errors",1);
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: