News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Undefined index: db_mb4

Started by jaideejung007, June 13, 2017, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaideejung007

QuoteFile: E:/xampp/htdocs/smf21/Sources/Load.php
Line: 89

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index: db_mb4

SMF 2.1 Beta 3
Apache/2.4.16 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1p PHP/5.6.30 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80

Arantor

Fresh install or upgrade from something earlier?

jaideejung007

Quote from: Arantor on June 13, 2017, 06:14:58 AM
Fresh install or upgrade from something earlier?
Upgrade from smf 2.1 beta 2 to smf 2.1 beta 3

Arantor

Officially upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 is not supported which is why the mb4 setup didn't occur correctly.

Kindred

And is yet another reason why we state that beta versions should not be used on production sites
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Serena Butler

Quote from: Arantor on June 13, 2017, 07:12:50 AM
Officially upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 is not supported which is why the mb4 setup didn't occur correctly.

That's not stated in the beta3 post: "The general installation/upgrade procedure of this Beta release remains the same, however, once you upgrade from an older version to 2.1 you cannot go back, so please take careful consideration before upgrading any live site. Have a look at Installing and Upgrading SMF in the Online Manual to find out more. You cannot upgrade to 2.1 Beta 3 via the package manager; instead you will need to carry out the Large Upgrade process. SMF 2.1 can be obtained from the download section."

Anyway, I have the same problem so what's the solution? ;)

Thanks a lot!

cheers,

Dirk

Arantor

When they say older version, they mean 1.1 or 2.0.

I don't know if this has already been fixed or not, but this is why it is suggested to only do it on test sites.

Serena Butler

Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated. Allready restored backup. So the way to go is full install?

cheers,

Dirk

PS: "When they say older version, they mean 1.1 or 2.0" could be stated mor clearly though, hehe;)

Arantor

No, you can use the upgrade, but because it's beta it might have bugs in it, one of which you encountered.

Serena Butler

Ah ok. Bugs are ok within a beta. So waiting for a fix (if somebody needs more info contact me) ;)

Thanks again.

albertlast

this is no bug,
it's wrong settings.php behavior

i would guess ther stand mysqli instead of mysql.

Serena Butler

Perfect hint! removed the "i". Thanks. But wondering why it worked with beta2.

cheers,

Dirk

shawnb61

A fix went into beta4 (& current Github) that will address this going forward. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: