News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Upgrader cannot find crucial files

Started by Catalyst, June 13, 2017, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalyst

So, I'm trying to upgrade from 1.1.13 to 2.0.14 and downloaded the large upgrade package, smf_2-0-14_upgrade.zip. I used FileZilla to move everything over, overwriting the old files. But I'm getting these:

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_overall_progress in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3511

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_elapsed in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3536
: 0
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_mins in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3537
, 1
Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_time_secs in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3537

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3502
1: Login

Notice: Undefined index: upgrade_step in /home/catalyst7/lemuria.catalyst-pub.com/upgrade.php on line 3502
2: Upgrade Options

3: Backup

4: Database Changes

5: Delete Upgrade

And so on. I'm also getting this:

The upgrader was unable to find some crucial files.

Please make sure you uploaded all of the files included in the package, including the Themes, Sources, and other directories.

It wasn't looking quite right so I wound up uploading the folders one by one, then the rest of the files outside of the folder. It fixed the appearance of the screen, but with the same errors. I don't know what to try from here.

Kindred

Restore back to your original installation...  then upgrade from 1.1.13 to 1.1.21 THEN try the upgrade to 2.0.14

Also, please confirm your php version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Catalyst

Sorry. PHP 5.6. I was getting errors which is why I thought I should upgrade. I'll try downgrading and going from there.

Kindred

it's not downgrading... and yes, you will need to upgrade to the 2.0.x series...

however, we have discovered that sometimes the upgrade works best if you upgrade to the latest in the 1.1.x series before doing the version jump to 2.0.x
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Catalyst

Alright, I went back and successfully upgraded to 1.1.21, then tried upgrading to 2.0.14 and still got the same error. I decided to try upgrading to 2.0 instead, and got an error after "Updating indexes on "messages"...done".

Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

newborndeath

Quote from: Catalyst on June 14, 2017, 10:21:37 AM
Alright, I went back and successfully upgraded to 1.1.21, then tried upgrading to 2.0.14 and still got the same error. I decided to try upgrading to 2.0 instead, and got an error after "Updating indexes on "messages"...done".

Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

I clicked the "click here" whenever it popped up. Always went to the next step after that.

Advertisement: