News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.14 - can't log in and 3 login-buttons

Started by Campanule, June 14, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campanule

Sorry for my English

I am an update-person. So I updated to 2.0.14. No members could log in. I tried and tried and suddenly I was in. I went back to 2.0.13 and everything was back to no normal and we were all very happy

But I can see you all recommend update to 2.0.14. So I tried again. And again I can't log in unless I try several times. And I have more than 1 log-in button

If someone has the time I would really appreciate a list with - do this do that - 1 - 2 - 3 etc. - I don't know anything about programs - I don't even know how I got the forum installed in the first place - what mods are etc. So I haven't changed anything in the program. I have read a lot about here (SMF-forum) but I don't understand where to change codes

And I don't have a back up. Yes I am stupid. But my English is bad and I am a fool. But I know I like SMF  ;) Maybe I should not have a forum at all - but I like it better than email-groups

I can see I can change something to 7 from 5.6  - so much I know

Anyway - thanks for your work

EDIT - 1 one printscreen  :) It is the error I have read about in this forum. About the referring address and asking me to go back and try again

Campanule

Thanks lurkalot

I understand about the buttons and will wait for 2.0.15 - one "problem" solved

But I still can't log in after 2.0.14  :o

br360

Can you find out what your php version is? You need to be running at least 5.4. Are you sure you are at 5.6?

Campanule

Yes br360 - I attach printscreen

And I can change it to 7 or 7.1

Illori

Campanule

I don't really know what mod means but my guess is it is the same as packages? Here is the list attached

Thanks for helping all

vbgamer45

Well that looks like a normal install of SMF.

php 7.1 is ok if you are on SMF 2.0.14

SMF 2.0.14 makes changes to the login forms for security if the edits don't happen then you might get a login error.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Campanule

Thanks

I will change to 7.1 and go to bed. Maybe micacles will happen over night. I will let you know tomorrow  :)

Campanule

No miracles - login doesn't work

I am confused - I can see I need to replace some sort of code. But I don't know how and where. So I guess I have to give up on 2.0.14  :'(

But you tried to help - thank you very much

vbgamer45

Attach your index.template.php and login.template.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Campanule

Thanks vbgamer - I will try and find these

Campanule

I feel stupid but I think I found out what you mean but I don't know how to copy and attach

It is these you want (Printscreen attached)?

If I click on one of the another long site with different line-numbers appear - another printscreen

It is okay if you give up - It is easier to teach me how to walk on water!

vbgamer45

I don't recommend editing though there.
I would use FTP to download the theme files and make  a coy for backup then edit the theme files with the changes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Campanule

Sorry - you lost me LOLL

Thanks again - It is better I don't start editing- you're right

Sir Osis of Liver

Hey, Campanule.  Did some work on your forum a while back (moved to new domain?), I believe you have a pretty simple setup.  Recommend you revert to php 5.6 and SMF 2.0.13.  There's nothing in 2.0.14 you need, and it has bugs which are being worked on.   Stay with .13 until .15 is released.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Campanule

Thanks Sir Osis - yes and you were a big help

I went back to 5.6 and then I tried to uninstall 2.0.14. I went to package manager but I think I chose the wrong one because I now have deleted the forum

After all it is a hobby and I guees I will have to start from the beginning building up a forum again  ;)

Illori

as long as the database is still existing the forum can be rebuilt.

Campanule

Thanks Illori - It would be really nice. But I don't know how to. Normally I am not stupid all day long but in this case I am

Illori

in your hosts control panel you should have an option to reset the database password, note the database name/username/password upload the files from the large upgrade package. remove the upgrade.php file and sql files. from the INSTALL package upload only one file Settings.php
use What is repair_settings.php? to configure your database username password etc as noted above, save the changes and then you can apply the rest of the paths etc. this should get your forum back in working order. you should also remove hooks with this file then install any mods you need.

Advertisement: