2.0.14 - can't log in and 3 login-buttons

Started by Campanule, June 14, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campanule

Thanks Illori - I will print your "guide" and see if I can follow it

Illori

this is all assuming that your forum files have been deleted. if not explain what is going on in detail.

Campanule

I don't know and I am sorry but I can't explain it. Not even if English was my first language. Thes message on my website where forum is - it is very long and I don't have a clue what it means

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /customers/7/f/a/pspsjov.dk/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58 Stack trace: #0 /customers/7/f/a/pspsjov.dk/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Load.php(2550): smf_db_initiate('pspsjov.dk.mysq...', 'pspsjov_dk', 'pspsjov_dk', '', 'smf_', Array) #1 /customers/7/f/a/pspsjov.dk/httpd.www/forum/index.php(69): loadDatabase() #2 {main} thrown in /customers/7/f/a/pspsjov.dk/httpd.www/forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 58

I tried to look into your guide but I don't understand what to do

Thanks again for trying - but I think we have to give up

[edit] removed password -Illori

Illori

what version of php is running on your server?

Sir Osis of Liver

I have file and database backups for your forum from July 2016.  Database won't be much help, but forum files should be useful.  If you can pm access to your host control panel (the passwords I have aren't valid), I'll fix it for you tonight.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Campanule

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on June 16, 2017, 12:33:21 PM
what version of php is running on your server?

FYI, that appears to be the problem, Illori.  Her control panel shows php 5.6, but phpinfo reports 7.1.1.  There's a dropmenu to change it, and it looks like it's been updated, but nothing actually happens.  Their chat support also doesn't work, so she'll have to contact them to get it fixed.  Nice host. :P

- R. Waters

Shambles

In my live forum's cPanel, I have options to apply different versions of PHP to different folders or the domain as a whole.

Campanule

I am clumsy - And I think I give you grey hair!

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Shambles on June 17, 2017, 03:30:14 AM
In my live forum's cPanel, I have options to apply different versions of PHP to different folders or the domain as a whole.

The problem is, control panel setting is 5.6 (it's assigned by domain), but phpinfo shows it's running 7.1.  Tried updating to 5.6 again last night, no effect.  Host support has told her it's running 5.6 and there's a problem with her script.  I believe phpinfo.

* Sir Osis already has grey hair.

- R. Waters

Illori

then the use of SMF 2.0.14 should resolve this issue as it includes support for php 7.0 and should also work with 7.1.

Sir Osis of Liver

<sigh>  OP shouldn't have installed the patch to begin with, but let's not go there.  Am in the middle of moving a large forum, but when I get a chance will do a .14 install and connect to her db.  Theme was customized and don't remember what it looked like, so it'll be a chore to restore it.  Maybe I'll just clone the whole thing onto my host so I can see what she had.

- R. Waters

Campanule

Nice Sir Osis - that I can help with. I can put some color in your hair. I think I am much better doing that kind of things  :P

Sir Osis of Liver

As per opening post, 2.0.14 login bug affected this forum.  It was running in php 5.6, Curve theme, no mods or themes installed, only customization is header image loading from remote server.  It's currently working 2.0.14 in php 7.1.1.

- R. Waters

Campanule

Do you have some sort of magic wand Sir Osis - Thanks... Pm on its way

Sir Osis of Liver

We're getting failed logins in 2.0.14 php 7.1.1.  Takes multiple attempts to login, 'Unable to verify referring url' error.  Is this a known problem?

Just to be clear, this is not a custom theme, it's Curve, a clean install (from upgrade package), no mods.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, found the problem.  Not surprisingly, the 2.0.14 session check doesn't work quite right. :P

Here's the fix -

/Sources/LogInOut.php

// Are you guessing with a script?
/// checkSession('post');
spamProtection('login');

Just comment out the one line, use triple slash so you can find it easily.  Would be advisable to revert it back before attempting eventual upgrade to 2.0.15.

- R. Waters

Campanule

GL700Wing

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 20, 2017, 04:27:52 PM
Ok, found the problem.  Not surprisingly, the 2.0.14 session check doesn't work quite right. :P

Here's the fix -

/Sources/LogInOut.php

// Are you guessing with a script?
/// checkSession('post');
spamProtection('login');

Just comment out the one line, use triple slash so you can find it easily.  Would be advisable to revert it back before attempting eventual upgrade to 2.0.15.

I've noticed that the checkSession function (which is in ./Sources/Security.php) was not updated in 2.0.15 - has the problem of checkSession not working correctly been fixed by some other code change in 2.0.15?
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Kindred

The reported issue could never be duplicated on any site which we use...   so, no, nothing was changed with it since it seems to be very specific to some odd configuration

Incidentally, disabling the session check is not actually recommended as a solution either...  I believe that arantor suggested a different solution further down in the code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: