News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Forum Guest Not Working

Started by Xpresskonami, June 15, 2017, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xpresskonami

hello. please my forum guest is not working. if I have many guest/visitors visiting my website. it only shows 1 guest. And I can see visitors visiting my forum via Analytics. Plz how can I fix this error,

Xpresskonami

Illori

we are not live support. please be patient and dont bump within 24 hours.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Illori on June 15, 2017, 09:25:51 AM

Okay!!!

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Illori on June 15, 2017, 09:25:51 AM

hellooo..........

Arantor

Xpresskonami

Arantor

Hard to get your site to load given the various scripts on there, makes it hard to debug anything.

Using CloudFlare?

Illori

i see knownbb.net link in the footer, are you on a free hosting site? if so i would blame them for any issues you run into.

also we dont recommend using any mod that removes index.php from the url, it has been known to cause issues.

Arantor

Pretty URLs doesn't have the usual issues since it actually patches for those.

I'm betting on a reverse proxy in front that doesn't get picked up first and so every guest is from the same IP which can confuse it.

Shambles

What's the betting that Xpresskonami has the Advanced Fake Guests & Users mod installed, but misconfigured.

Long shot, but as we don't have a list of mods...

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Arantor on June 16, 2017, 10:20:38 AM
Hard to get your site to load given the various scripts on there, makes it hard to debug anything.

Using CloudFlare?

Am not using any cloudflare, and the site it loading fine on my computer with chrome browser

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Illori on June 16, 2017, 10:28:47 AM
i see knownbb.net link in the footer, are you on a free hosting site? if so i would blame them for any issues you run into.

also we dont recommend using any mod that removes index.php from the url, it has been known to cause issues.

The link knowbb.net you saw is from the theme i installed.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Arantor on June 16, 2017, 10:51:41 AM
Pretty URLs doesn't have the usual issues since it actually patches for those.

I'm betting on a reverse proxy in front that doesn't get picked up first and so every guest is from the same IP which can confuse it.

i dont think so. i didnt discorver this before, but i just suddenly i got many views in each topic i created in my forum. so i decide to use two different browser both my computer and my mobile phone, still seeing 1 guest viewing this topic but when i log into my analytics i can see some visitors from other countries, yet i only see 1 guest

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Shambles on June 16, 2017, 11:26:12 AM
What's the betting that Xpresskonami has the Advanced Fake Guests & Users mod installed, but misconfigured.

Long shot, but as we don't have a list of mods...

I try to use the mod Advanced Fake Guests & Users mod to set up the forum guest & user, after the mod install successfully, it redirect me to configuration page which is MODIFICATION, but i didnt see where to set the setting up..

Shambles

Quote from: Xpresskonami
I try to use the mod Advanced Fake Guests & Users mod ... but i didnt see where to set the setting up..

Good guess by me, then  8)

The settings area should be as per the screenshot on the mod download page.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Shambles on June 16, 2017, 01:34:16 PM
Quote from: Xpresskonami
I try to use the mod Advanced Fake Guests & Users mod ... but i didnt see where to set the setting up..

Good guess by me, then  8)

The settings area should be as per the screenshot on the mod download page.

I follow the screenshot but didn't see the setup in Admin > modifications

Illori

then uninstall the mod and post in the mods support topic for further assistance.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Illori on June 16, 2017, 02:14:57 PM
then uninstall the mod and post in the mods support topic for further assistance.

I have uninstall it. I don't want to create any topic related to it. So I follow the topic created. I mean the mod topic created here, I drop a comment to the topic and non replies. that's why I create this topic to fix my guest count

Illori

we dont support mods, so you need to wait for the mod author or those that use the mod to reply back with a suggest or fix.

Advertisement: