News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Attempting Upgrade to 2.1, Error in upgrade script

Started by Daryn, June 16, 2017, 12:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryn

I'm attempting to upgrade a 2.0.14 forum to 2.1 from github.

The server is Ubuntu 16.04, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.1, MySQL 5.7. I have another forum running vb 5 working just fine on this setup.

After the upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 SMF 2.0.14 no longer worked. So I thought the best bet would be to upgrade it to 2.1, even if it was still in beta.

Running the upgrade script I get to here:

Executing: "Adding support for alerts" (11 of 57)

And then the upgrade stops with this error:

Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'birthdate' at row 50

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Kindred

well, SMF 2.0.14 should run just fine on that configuration...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Daryn

Quote from: Kindred on June 16, 2017, 06:13:45 AM
well, SMF 2.0.14 should run just fine on that configuration...

In this case, it doesn't seem to. All I get is a white screen. I'd have to look back into the logs again to pull the specific error it gave me, but it was clearly unhappy with me.

Daryn

From what I've read though, it seems like MySQL 5.7 doesn't like 0000-00-00 as a date. You'd have to use either an arbitrary date like 1970-01-01 or null.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Oldiesmann

Run this query in phpMyAdmin, replacing "smf_" with your DB prefix if necessary:

UPDATE smf_members SET birthdate='1000-01-01' WHERE birthdate='0000-00-00';

The minimum permitted value for DATE columns in MySQL has changed some over the years, so that should fix the issue for you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: