News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bug in function "Show Signature"

Started by SMiFFER, June 18, 2017, 01:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

When using the "Show Signature"-checkbox there is the following bug:

When switching off this function for *an existing post* the signature is not deactivated, i.e. still shows up.

Can this be repaired please?
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Arantor

Are you referring to a mod? I don't know what option you're referring to otherwise.

Kindred

I assume that he actually means "Don't show users' signatures." in each user's personal look & layout settings section of the profile

However... like most of the reports form this user - it would appear to be related to a badly installed (or uninstalled) mod - since I can not recreate it on this site nor on several other sites running 2.0.14
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Or more likely a conflict between "signature option" and "signature once per page" mods.

SMiFFER

I am talking about this function (right hand side)

If I edit AN EXISTING POST and switch the checkbox off,
then the signature is still shown.

I know of no conflict between "signature option" and "signature once per page" mods.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Illori

SMiFFER

Thank you for pointing me into that direction.

I just looked through my installed most, it is most likely
"Signature Option Post    1.1.1"

SMiFFER

SMiFFER

Well, it appears I MYSELF had already posted there: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=103897.msg3893760#msg3893760
but I have not gotten any reply since well half a year.

Pity.

Advertisement: