News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Log on problem w/ 14

Started by burd, June 18, 2017, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burd

Since the .14 upgrade, we're having problems logging on, it says : session timed out while posting.
You can't log on on that screen, please, if your not helping don't post. 
Who'd a know'd the better

Shambles

Quote from: burdif your not helping don't post. 

This is probably classed as "not helping", but if you look at some of the topics posted in the past 48 hours you might see your issue addressed already. Several times.

HTH

Kindred

Quote from: Shambles on June 18, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
Quote from: burdif your not helping don't post. 

This is probably classed as "not helping", but if you look at some of the topics posted in the past 48 hours you might see your issue addressed already. Several times.

HTH

Yup...  what he said.  It's been addressed several dozen times.

Specifically, it has to do with your custom theme not being properly modified and you are going to have to manually add in the correct code edits, specifically to the login code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

If your custom theme has a login form such as in the index.template.php or boardindex.template.php or in the login.template.php

The SMF 2.0.14 now requires the following code added in the <form> tag  just add in the closing </form> tag in any login form.

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

This code is used to help increase security for SMF.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sir Osis of Liver

FYI, this bug also seems to affect some forums running Curve, I'm working on one now, here.  This has been reported in other topics.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Colin

This is not a bug. This is a deliberate security fix that due to limitations in the package manager custom themes may need to make the edit manually or have the theme author update the theme to include this token in the login form.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Sir Osis of Liver

As has been pointed out in other topics, this problem occurred in Curve.  The linked topic is pretty much an out-of-box install, no mods, no other themes.  Looks like she was running 2.0.13 in php 5.6, patched to .14, and login failed.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Except, Sir Osis...  THIS poster is *NOT* running the default theme/Curve
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

I know, I posted that as a point of information, as it seems to be related to this login problem.

- R. Waters

sturmkatze

I added this code to one theme and it still won't let me in :-o

br360

Quote from: sturmkatze on December 10, 2017, 12:58:18 AM

Your best bet would be to create your own topic with the issue you are having. Also when you do; can you attach your custom theme's index.template.php file as well?

sturmkatze

Quote from: br360 on December 10, 2017, 01:36:39 AM

Your best bet would be to create your own topic with the issue you are having. Also when you do; can you attach your custom theme's index.template.php file as well?
I had asked vbgamer about this on his forum and he sent this link. It worked on one of my forum/sites. I have more to try. Sadly, TP is not particularly mobile friendly.

lurkalot

Update you version of Tinyportal from TP 1.0  to TP 1.3 it includes the login fix for SMF 2.0.14 /15  Also if you want it responsive you'll need a responsive theme and use TP 1.3R beta from https://www.tinyportal.net

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: burd on June 18, 2017, 02:32:25 PM
Since the .14 upgrade, we're having problems logging on, it says : session timed out while posting.
You can't log on on that screen, please, if your not helping don't post. 
Have you been able to sort this out, or are you still experiencing this?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

burd

Who'd a know'd the better

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: