News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Possible error in the installer 2.0?

Started by -Rock Lee-, November 23, 2019, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rock Lee-

Can someone explain it to me or give a possible explanation? since I thought it was something of my configurations but I have tried it in several places and they all mark me once installed with the url "http://127.0.0.1/smf/" casi todos los lados que lo instale trabajan con php 7.x e incluso trabajando en mi maquina. In addition I had errors in the characters thinking I was the problem by not making the correct settings but it is already rare I just downloaded the installation package from here and seeing the forum is not displayed correctly.

Regards!

ADD: The coding I use for the database is utf8_general_ci which is the one I always use without problems.
ADD2: Only when it is installed from 0 with the Spanish Latin language package does it appear that it seems unable to interpret the accent but before that it did not have that problem. It only applies when you create the forum and the topic in question...
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Arantor

Yes it's a bug in the installer. It's been there years.

-Rock Lee-

In all this time I used SMF is the first time I had this problem really that weird I guess I was getting lucky :P although another error appears to me after installing in the server log is "[23-Nov-2019 15:06:06 Etc/GMT+5] PHP Notice:  A non well formed numeric value encountered in /home/public_html/Sources/Subs.php on line 4194" that sums it up to "$modSettings['rand_seed'] = microtime() * 1000000;" it may be that the PHP theme is not completely adapted, I would like to see SMF 2.1 gold soon really.

Regards!

Arantor

No, that's a PHP 7.1+ bug that normally happens so infrequently no one noticed yet. Not even sure that's fixed in 2.1.

-Rock Lee-

Oh that's why it must be thank you very much @Arantor.

Regards!

shawnb61

Both bugs here are addressed in 2.0.16:
- the IP address vs URL
- the non-well-formed numeric value issue
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

-Rock Lee-

It is good to hear that really not what else to see released the 2.0.16 :D

Regards!

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: