News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Weird login problem

Started by tdennis, June 21, 2017, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdennis

I use Mozilia Firefox 54.0 and have my login and password stored in my web browser. For the last several weeks when I try to login to my 2.0.14 my user id and password are entered by the browser. When I hit return I get this error

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

Then I repeat the same procedure (browser enters user id and password) and I login with no errors. I have been doing this for the last several weeks and it makes no sense to me. When I use my phone or my tablet everything goes through the first time. The stored user-id and password (dots) look the same on first and second attempt but first attempt fails!

Makes no sense to me, since this problem only exists when accessing my forum I wonder if it could be something in my forum software causing the problem.

BTW I do not have this problem logging in here which is done the same way as with my forum. On this forum I get in the first time.

d3vcho

Is anything logged after that in the error log or in the server error log?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Sir Osis of Liver

Are you running Curve or a custom theme?  There are at least two different login bugs that affect 2.0.14 forums differently, depending on theme you're using.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

tdennis

QuoteDid you check any of the other reports of this error?
yes I did a couple of searches on login failures but didn't think about searching for the error code ---- DUH! Will look at those to see if any fit my situation.

QuoteIs anything logged after that in the error log or in the server error log?
I will check immediately after the next failure. I remember seeing were I had login failure but not sure if it was associated with one of these failed logins. Will take a look at the next one.

QuoteAre you running Curve or a custom theme?  There are at least two different login bugs that affect 2.0.14 forums differently, depending on theme you're using.

Yes I am running a custom theme, will change theme's and see if that affects it.

Advertisement: