News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

White screen

Started by Gabriel91, June 22, 2017, 03:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel91

Hi!

My forum is blank. It doesnt even display some error (htaccess is properly edited).
Before it happened I restored some backup using FileZilla. After that my friend installed some chatbox (like Facebook chat) and soon after we werent able to install plugins anymore because some files were non-writable. I tried to modify the permissions for them but it didnt worked so I used FileZilla again to restore a backup. After the file transfer was complete the forum became blank, white.

Any1 has any idea about how to fix it?

EDIT: htaccess wasnt saved with my modifications, in order to display php errors. It says this:
QuoteUnable to get the file /htdocs/.htaccess from the FTP server and to save it as temporary file /var/www/html/temp/read__0zipzm.
Check the permissions of the /var/www/html/temp directory.
I cant find that folder in order to change its permissions. The htaccess file was chmoded and edited using the CPanel's file manager and using FileZilla as well.

Looking

Yikes, that sounds like you messed up things good and proper. I suggest you get in touch with your host and see if they can get do a proper restore from a backup for you.

Gabriel91

Yea. I opened a ticket. I removed the forum, trying to install a fresh one but it doesnt work, I cant install anything.

Illori

that means it is a server side issue and not related to SMF at this point.

Gabriel91

Solved. Low space. Deleted some big backups.

Advertisement: