News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin error.

Started by antler, June 22, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antler

Url?                               http://www.johnsonreels-online.org/index.php
Smf version?                 2.013
Mods installed?              Simple portal
Themes installed?     curve multi-color
Admin shows 2.013 & also  shows 2.014 available.   package manager shows 2.014 update installed. I did not install the update. 2.014 does not have an uninstaller so I cannot do anything to re-install. Any ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you install/uninstall .14?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

antler

I don't know what .14 is but I did not install 2.014 as I stated. Thinking it might have been a push. I don't understand how  it can show the current version as 2.013  while package manager shows 2.014 installed.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you use a host installer to set up the forum?

- R. Waters

antler

I installed the forum myself in 2014 but the issued only appeared recently. I was on the SMF site and saw that 2.014 was available so I downloaded it to my desktop. When I logged into admin, i saw it the message and also saw that package manager showed it installed. I don't know if it is hurting anything but
it may later.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you download 2.0.14 upgrade package or 2.0.14 patch?  What did you do with it?

- R. Waters

antler

Package Manager shows SMF 2.0.14 Update is installed. I did not install it and neither can I uninstall it.

Siirist

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 23, 2017, 01:26:16 PM
Did you download 2.0.14 upgrade package or 2.0.14 patch?  What did you do with it?

What specifically did you download, and where did you download it to?
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Sir Osis of Liver

How did you get to 2.0.13?

- R. Waters

Kindred

Also smf does not do push updates...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

antler

When 2.013 was first released, I downloaded it to my desktop and uploaded it with pkg mgr.. Then installed it When SMF showed 2.014  available, I repeated the process. When pkg. mgr. wouldn't accept  the upload Is when I saw the admin message that 2.013 was current and 2.014 was available. "I did not install 2.014 but it is installed any way. And I still get the same message

Kindred

I repeat ... smf does not do updates via push.
Ever

If the 2.0.14 update is actually installed, then either you or one of your admins did so... or you are using an autoupdater like softaculous.     But the update was not push installed by smf.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

antler

Quote from: Kindred on June 24, 2017, 07:32:10 PM
I repeat ... smf does not do updates via push.
Ever

If the 2.0.14 update is actually installed, then either you or one of your admins did so... or you are using an autoupdater like softaculous.     But the update was not push installed by smf.

Ok already.. it was not a push and I did not install it. How do I fix it without losing data ?

Kindred

See the wiki on how to load a fresh set of files.

Load 2.0.14 files, reinstall mods.No data lost
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: