Server error

Started by antler, June 22, 2017, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antler

I keep getting this message -third attempt at a solution

Failed to make backup of Settings.php - make sure Settings_bak.php exists and is writable.

Note:
Setting_bak.php does exist and appears and has backup content and is set writable.

This message never goes away and Blue Host cannot understand why it exists. They never see it, but it remains in my server settings

br360

Just out of curiosity; is your file named Setting_bak.php or Settings_bak.php

antler

antler

I just logged into blur Host  and discovered that my latest  back up was 6/22/17 it also revealed that Setting.php was backed backed up on 6/19/17. The strange  part is that Settings_bak.php was last backed up on 6/2/17.

Is it possible that 20 day difference is casing the  error message? Is my Host to blame or is it a non issue

Kindred

when  you say "it is set writable" - what is the ACTUAL CHMOD for the file?

and no...   the files were not backed up on those dates... those are the dates that the file(s) were last written to -- so, no, the difference makes no difference
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

antler

Both files are set to 0644

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

PrimalPrime

Hi, I am having this problem on my new test site. I tried copying Settings.php into a new Settings.bak.php file and setting permissions to 664 but no change. Any suggestions? Thank you.

PrimalPrime

Steve

Quote from: PrimalPrime on October 10, 2023, 06:37:22 AMFixed.
Just yours or the OP's as well? And how did you fix it?
DO NOT pm me for support!

PrimalPrime

Hi, sorry. I'm not sure what happened. I was tired and probably made a mistake. I tried again and it worked.

Steve

No worries but we still need to know if this issue is resolved for @antler ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: