News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Upgrade to 2.0.14 failed due to wrong PHP

Started by DorsetDave, June 23, 2017, 04:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetDave

I am the Administrator for a  Football Club Forum. At present I have SMF 2.0.13 installed. I tried to upgrade to 2.0.14 but it failed as it said I required PHP 5.3.0 but that I am running 5.2.17  Have searched around for an answer. Am not that computer savvy but have installed updates for the Forum before without any problem. There was talk of a "host" - does that mean my ISP ?
Any help would be appreciated [ in simple laymans terms ] Thanks

Looking

Where do you keep your site via a local computer or some place online? PHP needs to updated, it should be anyway because the version you are using is no longer considered safe. Your host is the place that keeps the files that runs your site. What's the address?

Dzonny

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems :(

Try to talk to your host support. The place where you bought hosting is the place to start, and I assume you don't use your local computer as a server :)
If you or your host have backup of forum before the upgrade - it might be handy to restore that until PHP version is updated, so you have your forum running.

Let us know if you have additional questions though.

vbgamer45

Yes for 2.0.14 you need to be on PHP 5.4 or higher. I suggest at least 5.6
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

DorsetDave

Thanks for the replies. The Forum is part of the website   www.wimbornetownfc.co.uk    [ click on Fans then Fans Forum for the section I am the Administrator for]  From what has been said here it looks as if I need to get hold of the club itself and ask them to upgrade the PHP for the website. Would that be correct. Thanks

Dzonny

Whoever is responsible for hosting management should be contacted to update PHP version, so you're right.

Advertisement: