News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Turn on thread-notification for another user

Started by SMiFFER, June 23, 2017, 10:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

Is there a way to do the above?

Example:
In our development-area on our forum I create a new thread about a new module to be included in the code
and want to have all other programmers automatically notified about this new thread. Therefore I would need to tell SMF: Hey, let that user be notified about this thread and new posts there.

If there already is such a function or if there is a mod providing this function
then please point me to how to use it.

I would be glad to read more.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Arantor

There isn't such a function currently, as SMF takes the view that people should opt into notifications.

Shambles

^ I'm with superman there.

That said, I adjusted the birthday post mod to automatically subscribe the birthday boy to his personalised testimonial topic.

Wouldn't do it in any other circumstance, though.

SMiFFER

Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

SMiFFER

Quote from: Shambles on June 23, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
That said, I adjusted the birthday post mod to automatically subscribe the birthday boy to his personalised testimonial topic
Only for boys? Where is the feminism-front crying wolf for "girls-power"  ::)

Is that the mod by Suki?
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2026

If not, which mod were you talking about?
If so, what did you change in detail?

Shambles

^ Yep that is the mod.

What I changed was in ScheduledTasks.php and was as follows:

Code (Find) Select
// Make the darn post already!
createPost ($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);

Code (Add After) Select
// Shambles edit #S024: auto-notify the named member
$smcFunc['db_insert']('ignore',
'{db_prefix}log_notify',
array ('id_member' => 'int', 'id_topic' => 'int'),
array ($birthday['id'], $topicOptions['id']),